Thread: Can I justify $94.94 for tupperware scales?e money??

Default Can I justify $94.94 for tupperware scales?

My kitchen scales are useless and I really need some new ones. I don't use them that much really - only bake about once a fortnight. Have always thought I might get the tupperware scales but got the latest catalogue and they are $94.95!!! Do you think you could justify spending that on scales?/ they have a "limited 2 year warranty". If they had a lifetime replacement like some of the tupperware does, I would go for it.

Last edited by anney; April 10th, 2009 at 02:46 PM.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

i have chefstoolbox ones that are about same price, but i bought mine in a bundle with some cooking utensils and baking things for $150.

I have not baked since ds was born so scales have been hardly used but i know i have them and they are good quality.

i wouldnt you can get similar ones at places like harris scarfe for a third of the price!!

I prefer my scales which are stainless and probably cost about $70 they do metric and imperial and the one I have now comes in incremints of .01g

Well being an ex-demonstrator i would say yes i can justify paying the $94.95 ......Tupperware will last you forever which is why i justify paying the extra, it's like everything else you pay for quality!

Hmmm they aren't covered by a lifetime warranty. My scales are now nearly 8 yrs old and still working fine! Only changed the batteries once! Don't get me wrong I love tupperware... I have a HUGE plasticware fetish heh. But I still can't justify their scales JMHO don't shoot me down

I wont shoot you down!!!! Thats great, sounds like those scales are pretty darn good to Cai....

It is personal choice, i must admit i first thought the same as if you would pay that much for scales but i guess it depends on how often your using them, if you like your scales to also be a photo frame, if your a mad tupperware fan etc etc...but at the end of the day buy what ever you like - afterall they all do the same job...right?

Personally, I wouldn't. Even though I too am a Tupperware nut. I don't go for the Tupperware that has metal parts though, as to me they lose their shine when they don't come with the lifetime warranty.
    I would rather find something comparable which is less expensive... which I think you could JMO!

Hehehe I want the Tupperware scales too, but can't justify the costs even at my discounted price, as I just don't do enough baking to warrant the purchase. I do love how you can change it into a picture frame and clock when not in scale use though.

Hmmmmm - as I suspected. I am not the only one who would love them but can't justify them. will just have to settle for more sandwich containers as they seem to be forever getting lost! thanks ladies. If you see this Cai, what brand are yours?

Mmmm - don't think even I could justify that one Anney...

Every few months Myer has a sale on kitchen scales. I'd get a great set then - you would get a top of the range for less then the tupperware - and electric ones as well...

I couldn't. Not to myself. I love baking and scales are important for that, but I have a cheapy electronic one that is really close enough. It doesnt need to be utterly perfect with what I make, so its no big if they arent superly exact to the nanogram.

If it was also a blender with bowl - I'd be all over it. I want a real blender coz the hand held is killing my wrist!

OK Ms Anney - just been to Myer - all kitchen scales including electric on sale...how can you not..???