thread: Do I want an expensive mixer?

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Mar 2010

YES!!! chose the one you like, we could back and forth all day on which one and why!

Mar 2004
    Sparta

Make sure you check out the price and availability of attachments for your expensive mixer before you choose which one to buy.
    You can get things like bowls, k-beaters, juicers etc for KW second hand on ebay for next to nothing. No idea about sunbeam and KA because I have never looked for them.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jun 2008
    In snuggle land

I have a Kenwood. My mum still has her 40 year old kenwood. They go and go and go. Know idea about KAs except they look funky.

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

Okay, so Ford? Or Holden?

Mar 2004
    Sparta

Bmw

And you could buy a refurbished mixer on the bay and keep your $550 to fly your family away for a weekend.

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

True. Or myself away for a week.

Jan 2006

Take the holiday!

♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Do I want an expensive mixer?

Ive decided I need one too. But also very torn! It seems very much Canon or Nikon, Ford or Holden lol. Reviews have apparently put KA first by a tiny bit. But there is the price factor and I believe the Chef comes with some attachments already, you need to buy extra KA ones. I dunno!

Whats the difference with the thermomix and thermochef - i'm lost with all these machines but what we have is killing me!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Jun 2008
    In snuggle land

The difference between thermomix and thermochef, apart from about $1000, is manufacture, engine type and where it was made. The Thermochef is a copy of the old TMX model. It's made in China and has an electric motor. It doesnt have the reverse function that the TMX has.

The TMX is German design, made in France and has a redistance motor, which means it shouldnt break down for years, if years. I wouldnt expect the Thermochef to lastmore than about 5 years. The TMX is $1900 though. A rival to the TMX which may be better is the HotMix Pro. If you want to research the differences, check out the Tenina blog.

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Oct 2012
    BrisVegas

I have the classic red KA and it takes pride of place in my kitchen!

Am thinking of getting the ice cream attachment next - can't wait

♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Do I want an expensive mixer?

Thanks for the rundown L&B! Great help.

I hear all of you rave about these exciting machines all the time, then baking this xmas I realised we need a better solution than what we have now.

DP is a bit wow'ed at the price tag, but I am sure he'll be up for it with the timesaving and ease meal time will become. I want to make more spiffy meals too, take some pressure off my partner with cooking help. Cant wait

ETA: Sorry to hijack!
    Last edited by BellyBelly; January 1st, 2013 at 07:52 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

May 2012
    Where faith conquers fear

If I didn't have my thermy, I would buy a KA because they're the sexiest!

(I'm a sucker for sexy!)