Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitchenaid vs Sunbeam Mixmaster vs Kenwood Chef

I think we're going for a KA! We had a play with one at 'House' today (although they didn't want to know us once we asked them to price match an online store down to $632... they realised we weren't going to end in a sell). How cool! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO can't wait!!!!!

Wooohoooo!! So the most important question, what colour are you going for? LOL!

The purple, or the dark blue, or the shiney black.

Now... the fun bit... attachments! Definitely the fruit and vege juicing one, plus the mincer/grinder, and the grater/slicer etc.

there is a pack you can get that has 3 or so of the attatchments together, cant remember what exactly, but I was kicking myself that I bought some of it separatly.

ETA, just checked it on kitchenwares direct, its the fruit and vegetable strainer w/food grinder (so 2 ) and then the sausage stuffer is only $30 on top of that,I only bought the grinder/mincer as a separate thing.
    Last edited by STARRYSKY; July 24th, 2010 at 12:23 PM.

yay congratulations!!

I've got the pasta attachments and the icecream churn as well.....hmmm might get them out today....

My parents have a Kenwood, they got it as a wedding present almost 30 years ago and it's still going strong. They only have the dough hook and whisk attachments though. I've been eyeing off the KA for a while now, the only thing that puts me off is the price of the extra attachments. But hey if it's something that you're going to use all the time they'll pay for themselves very quickly. The sausage attachment looks very cool...I think they used it in the first season of Masterchef. I've the KA online for $632 with $.6.90 postage, that's pretty freakin cheap!

See the KA mincer is mostly plastic, which is really not cool, and surprising given most of their other attachments are metal.

But good luck with your colour choice You will have to get the matching blender... lol THEY are ace.

I saw on the KWD website they also do a full metal grinder, well, it looked like it anyway!

nah it is plastic, just the way the photo is taken. The disks in it are metal but nothing else.

yeah, I thought that may have been the case...

OOOOh I do so love the purple one!! That's what I'm contemplating also lol. Ya know there was another thing Andy found out when we were researching and that was that most of the other mixers DON'T touch the bottom of the bowl like the KA does! So, you can't beat/whisk like just an egg or 2 very well cos it misses it too much.

Oh and HOUSE suck with their reply to price matching. I asked the same thing about it when I found the price online (I think the same one you're talking about) and she seriously didn't believe me and told me that it couldn't be a real one and probably didn't have warranty... well PFFT to her huh cos they are real and do have warranty!

Excellent choice, i love, love, love my KA. I used a Kenwood at a friends place and it really didn't match up. It kind of felt tinny and light weight in comparison. The beater didn't feel as sturdy mixing the batter. The engine might be more powerful but to be i much prefer the KA.

Peter's of Kensington have them for $632 online, is that where you saw them?

Yep, Peters of Kensington do $632 with $11 shipping, and also a place called 'Your Home Depot' which is $632 with free delivery at the moment on orders over $200.
    Both are new, not refurbished, with full 5 year warranty.

The best 'House' could do was $660 with 1 year warranty on a refurbished model or $699 on a new model with 5 year warranty.

dh bought me the KA grater accessories pack for my b'day and we love it
    ds1 is obsessed with grating cheese now LOL

KA vs KW is a bit like Ford vs Holden, eh?

I am a KW girl

Rory!

Of course you are Cheeky monkeys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast