Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tupperware modulars for food storage

Default Tupperware modulars for food storage

OK, I have finally decided that I will begin investing in these for my cupboards to help me be more organised and ensure good stock rotation - I'm sick of finding half bags of lentils up the back of the cupboard that should have been cooked the year before! I hate wasting food because it has gone off...

The biggest decision has been made - black for the lids

Now what shape? oval, square or round? Does one shape/size work better for stacking than the other? I want to start off with one of the "packs" as it seems to work out a lot cheaper per item.

Also is there anyone who doesn't like them? why?

Thanks everyone!

i love my modular mates!! love them - my cupboard is so much easier to work with!!

what i would suggest, is you make a list of what you have in your cupboard and the size you normally buy that item - then contact your distributor and they should have access to a list of what goes in what size - then work out from there

i ended up getting a couple of different packs (when they were on special) and now almost everything is in T'ware - just need to get a bit more organised to work out what sizes i need for the last few things - but i knew we had some spare somewhere that SIL gave us after she stopped selling, so had to locate them first! i loooooove my cupboard now - but beware, it CAN be exxy to get it all set up so work with your distributor to get best value for money

I've got the narrow oval ones. And a couple of bigger rectangle ones. I was recommended the oval ones because since we are renting, my stuff needs to fit in various pantries.. and so far it's proven true that they do fit in any cupboard! hehe.

I also like the oval ones because they're easy to hold & pour.

ETA: just looking at the tupperware site... wow.. that access mate looks great! I could use a few of those! Time for me to have a tupperware party I think! And someone was telling me the other day they have kids tupperware parties now.. they have little aprons & stuff and get the kids to cook something. Sounds really good!

The access mate is good - I have that for my onions, garlic, potatoes etc.

I guess that long and narrow (oval or round) means that I can see more of my stuff at once rather than the squares which would stack in front of each other...does that make sense? I'm trying to avoid having to pull stuff out to see what is behind if I can.

i have the vegetable mates (access mates with breathing lids) - used them for a while, but ended up realising we buy in bulk too much and they don't work for us, so they got cleaned out and used for the same kinda thing as the access mates anyway! i just make sure that i don't put anything in there that needs to be airtight (so things like muesli bars etc are fine). might have to see if i can replace the lids for the more airtight ones

we have a mixture of the square and longer mates - we know where everythign is - plu we're in the process of redesigning our kitchen and plan to build the kitchen around the tupperware so everything is single depth...

Rosead I am in the same position as you. I have just started buying mod mates as well. Good thing you chose black as well, cause the 3 other colours... cranberry, laquer blue, and oatmeal are leaving the range. They've been replaced with a a bright looking blue and red, and also a pure white.

If you are after specials on mod mates, try and get a party organised or contact a dealer in the first week of may. It is Tupperware's b/day week the first week in may and they have huge modular mate specials.

WHAT? Why the flip do they keep changing colours? I understand with containers not part of a range, but I thought the modular mates are all supposed to look the same, and that's what makes them look tidy and classic and...that's annoying.

Yep 100% agree Nelle. I had started buying Oatmeal but luckily for me I hadn't got very much. I will just buy the seals in black for the containers I already have then continue to buy black.

Apparently you are able to buy the seals of the old colours until next Feb, but they will be leaving the catalogue in August. They are recommending you stock up on seals if you know what you need, and then just buying the bases at a later date.

Thanks for the tip about the sale - I am getting that credit card ready for a beating!

Aaagghh! I think they change the colours purely to increase sales so that people who have to have everything matching will buy more.

I started out with all ovals but found them really annoying for things like flour & sugar as my measuring cups don't fit in them easily and I'm to unco to pour out of them without making a huge mess. I know have quite a few squares which are sooo much easier for me to manage. I also have some mini rectangles which I love but they're not always available, sometimes they only come in big sets, sometimes you can't get them at all and sometimes they have them available to purchase individually as a special.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss J View Post
    I started out with all ovals but found them really annoying for things like flour & sugar as my measuring cups don't fit in them easily and I'm to unco to pour out of them without making a huge mess.
    I use the scoops that came with them.. I don't dig in with the cup. Plus I tend to re-use the cup, like for flour & then for sugar. They are kinda hard to pour when they're full, but yeah.. if you buy a set I think you get a few scoops for free.

I hate that they change colours too. I had one of the insulated serving dish things, and they went & changed it... the tupperware lady let me buy her old demo one so they would match.

i'm on the same page re the colors - we have black, so that's all ok - but i keep looking at the extras we might have used and the colors just don't do it for me - the orangey color and stuff are just wrong! i'm working to get RID of the orange in my kitchen (gotta love 70's benchtops) so i want colors for everything that are going to be more classical...

I recommend making a list of what you normally like to store in your pantry and the quantities you'd like to store them in. Then talk to your Tupp dealer and get the pieces you need. Packs are ok if you're getting them as host gifts and aren't paying for them, but the cost of these packs works out roughly the same as getting individual pieces that you actually need. Packs can contain sizes that you'll end up squishing after-thought things in because you don't immediately need them. Better off getting what you need

only thing i hate about the black seals it that flour and white sugar dont look good

I got my whole pantry done for Christmas ... I love my DH! They are so great. I have a mix of mainly squares and ovals (2 ovals fit on top of 1 square). I have some super ovals for keeping breakfast cereal, but mainly squares and ovals in different shapes and sizes. I have things like nuts, dried lentils, dried fruit, barley, cous cous, cocoa, rice in the ovals and I have put sugar, flours, pasta and stuff in my squares.

I contact a friend of mine who sells Tupperware when I did mine and she and I together made a list of everything in my pantry that I wanted to put into containers including the size of the packet I normally buy. She went through with me and custom designed my pantry with the sizes I needed. She also listed the type of lids I wanted (plain seals or pour-alls) with each of the items ... another BIG decision. I'm glad I did it with her. It took about 2 hours, but it took a lot of the confusion out of it.

If I didn't buy the whole lot at once, then she would have given me a copy of my pantry list with the containers that go with it and I could have ordered it little bit at a time. As it is, I find that I need more than I initially thought. They are just so great!

My pantry is done in black to ... great colour ... and I am extra glad seeing as though the old colours will be gone (which I did not know until this thread).

I love mine too!! and mine are black - it was recommended to me 6 years ago as the demonstrator thought it would be the least likely colour to be phased out!

My problem is keeping up with UBD still. i have flour in one and dont use it very often and know it must be OOD by now!!! aaah

Oh and i have labeled mine too! I got a veg one too but keep my veg in wire draws in my pantry, so will be changing the lid to an air tight one

I have lots of different types. I prefer the rectangle ones though

DoubleK Guest

i actually started to buy modular mates for my pantry.. but i was finding it quite expensive (which i should have thought about before i started i guess!) i only have the spaghetti container, and two square mates, which are now used for cheese in the fridge (too pretty not to use at all! so i'm going to get a couple more for the fridge!)
    ive ended up buying the decor brand of containers.

i do love having a pantry full of containers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast