Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else out there wanting to loose weight and get fit before TTC???

The beauty of the internet is anonymity!!

My guess is that I now weigh 75kgs. I was 64kgs this time last year (at my wedding) and even then I felt big. My goal weight is between 55-60kgs which puts me back in the "healthy" BMI range.

Lea79 Guest

Haha dont worry Mel my number is pretty high too, hmmm contemplating letting it slip, need to sit on that one for a bit I reckon.

Spice - thanks for the advice. we have it all worked out with the insemination i think as long as my cycle behaves itself and i gotta say its remarkable so far and been charting for about 6 mths now. Got all my hormone levels checked last month and they are spot on too so fingers crossed the spermie meets the egg first go. Heres hoping!!

Anyway, I better be getting ready for work...boohoo! Ahh but maybe i need a baby fix, just to give me that bloody cluckiness again lol.

Hmm, I'm a bit scared to reveal my weight at the moment too . . .

Lea you have a beautiful job. I cannot wait to be a midwife sometime in the near future. Just not sure whether to go down the nursing then post grad in mid path, or do a bachelor of mid.

Now I feel a bit silly for fessing up about my weight!

Awwwwwwww don't feel silly.... I just feel fatter...lol

Maybe we could go off BMI then??

My BMI is 28.

The link to a BMI calculator is here.

Lea79 Guest

Amy - dont feel silly about fessing up bout your weight! you might be a skinny binny to me but thats just my perception of ideal weight. its a totally individual thing. For me, I feel at my best when I am about 80 - 85 kg, I love having curves but thats just me, I'd look like a lollipop if I was any less than that. I dont really have any idea what weight I am now, I just know I fit into a 16 to 18 size. A comfortable size 14 to 16 and I will be happy.

Spice - If you are contemplating on being a midwife I would suggest becoming an RN first. Your scope of practice is just that much more when you do your midwifery and you will feel a hell of a lot more confident but thats not to say there isnt fantastic direct entry midwives. For me it gives you more options if you are also a registered nurse but it might not suit somebody else. Well thats my thoughts anyway. There is more to it but thats all I have time for.

Cheers, better run!

Leanne

Well we could go off dress size then. My current dress size is 14-16 bottoms and 12-14 top.

Ideally I would like to be a comfortable 12 in all areas.

Amysarah, you certainly don't have to worry about fessing up about your weight. I am a size 16-18 atm and when I got married 3.5 years ago I was 20 kilo's lighter and a size 14. I felt really good and healthy at that size, and although I could lose more than 20 kilos I don't really give a rats. It's a very individual thing. And I don't think that the BMi thing is totally accurate as it does not take into account a persons build and there can be such a huge variance in bone structure from person to person.

Well, i am SO not revealing how much i weight. Mind you i have weighed myself in over 5 months, but i know the last time i stood on scales i nearly vomited everywhere!

Surfice to say, when i fell pregnant with our daughter in 2004.. i was 70kg's.. which for me is perfect!!! Im not that short so it is good.. and i have a big structure (shoulder's/boobs etc) so any lighter i reckon i look sick.

From the sounds of it so far, im the biggest here ah well..... more too loose i guess!!!!!

Ok better go

OH and hey there amsta looking forward for the morning heheheheheheh

Oh and Lea, if you feel comfortable, would you mind telling me of your situation? I find is amazing and so awesome.... but just dont know much about it all ... (insemination etc etc) like do you know the person? or? its pretty exciting....

Lea79 Guest

Hi Missy,

Yep no worries but it doesn't really match this thread. If you read my blog I have explained most of whats happening there like the big decision in choosing the right donor was really hard but we found the right person in the end. I dont think we could choose an unknown donor as we would like the donor to have a small amount of contact. But yeah have a look at it and I am happy to answer any of your questions

How is everybody else today? I slept in today, last night at work was so busy I dont think I sat down all night. I have been behaving myself in the food department the last few days but have found it hard to go for a bikeride since I work til 11pm and its hard to get up in the mornings and do that, I prefer late afternoon exercise so might have to wait til the weekend when I have a couple of days off (to do assignments) but all the same have some free time for exercise. When to find a moment with Selena hmmm busybusybusy!

I had a big milo for breakfast .

Really excited to be starting on Monday. Somehow I am trying to justify all the bad stuff I am eating this week because I'm telling myself I'm starting a diet soon!

Going to a pub for lunch with some girls from work and planning on having one of their ceasar wraps (YUM). Might also knock back a vodka and cranberry with a lime.. mmmmm

Lea79 Guest

Yummos Amy, enjoy yourself! Its all good, everything in moderation thats what I say...otherwise i fail lol

Lea- thanks darl, i went and had a look, just a quikc one but couldnt find what i was kinda looking for so will look later..

Amy your lunch sounded DELICIOUS!!!!! mmmmmm

We are off to have dinner with friends at Zagame's so im looking forward to a nice meal and a strong drink.... mmmm been getting into jim beam lately... hated it before lol im normally a scotch person .. or vodka... mmmm but then i do just love a nice glass of red lambrusco mmmmm

OH how is this, my daughter told her kinder room today for show n tell that "mummy is having a baby"!!!!!! made me laugh.... was soooooo cute. and yesturday she said to me "mummy you got a baby in your tummy?" i said no no buub not yet one day and she replied " yep, might be a boy might be a girl and i will feed them" was soooooooooooo cute..

Whats funny is i havent said a word to her bout it all lol so cute

Well, i mmade a BIG step for me today. I joined Curve's!!! I have a good feeling and start there tomorrow morning... will look at starting to follow mel's eating plan monday....

BUT what is exciting is.. since i last weighed myself, i have lost 5kg's!!!!!! FIVE!!!!! i know i know its not much really, not when your as big as me, BUT, im still happy..

Ok better go.... low fat hugs to you all

OH NO!!!

I'm going away for the weekend with my DH to Melbourne (it's a long weekend in NSW) and I'll be driving back home on Monday!! This is terrible because it means...

McDonalds

Maybe I could start the diet Tuesday? I really don't think I would be able to resist temptation on Diet Day 1!!

Well done Missy on joining Curves

Amy - you could always start it in another weeks time I mean, you could start doing some gentle exercise next week, just walking or whatever, but still eat normal stuff, and then the next week after - start the diet..

Just an idea..

I brought more junk food yesterday - stocking up for when i have to go cold turkey!!! LOL

Ahhh missy is grizzling again... stupid reflux...

Done! Diet starts week after next (I just needed someone else to suggest it!!).

I'll start walking again next week - I bought some new trackies last night and new clothes always get me in the mood to get off my bum!

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast