Thread: The Clothesline Diet

Default The Clothesline Diet

Has anyone else heard of Karen Gatt, the woman who lost around 50kg (I think) by herself, and started off by just walking around her clothesline? I saw her on Today Tonight last night and I am thinking of buying her book. Anyway I want to eat healthier and lose some more kgs, especially since I am TTC #3, and I really liked the sound of this book - anyone else read it?

Bon

Melinda Guest

I have read her book (in fact, Lucy lent me the book and I have to return it! Eeeks!)

It was a really well-written and informative book I have to say. It has a 7 day diet plan, recipes and tips in the back too.

*Yvette* Guest

I might look out for it in the library. It sounds a lot like another book I read called Stop The Insanity by Susan somethingorother, an American. Her catchphrase was, "eat, breath, move". I found it very inspiring, so I think I'd find this one even more so being an Australian woman. I love stories of people pulling themselves out of a hole and getting motivated.

Susan Powter wrote 'Stop the Insanity', my mum had her book and exercise video and it motivated her to get healthy and lose some weight. Karen Gatt is like an Australian version of her. I think I like the sound of her book because it is not about being 'thin' it is about getting healthy and looking after yourself.

Bon

Melinda Guest

Initially what she did to exercise, was to walk around the clothesline, Fletch, but she progressed to other things once her fitness levels increased, some weight dropped off and she felt more comfortable. But yes, she certainly did start with the clothesline.

It's a very in-depth book about the events leading up to her making the decisions to change her way of life. She talks about her fertility issues and PG whilst being extremely overweight too.