Thread: Coolsculpting anyone?

Default Coolsculpting anyone?

I am considering this - not for weightloss, but to take a little off my thighs which are always larger and not in proportion regardless of my weight. Has anyone had it done?
    They say it's permanent - but say you put on weight, where does it go if it can't go where the fat cells have been removed from, do you get fat in other areas?

Default Re: Coolsculpting anyone?

I've never heard of it, interested to know more

It's non invasive liposuction - no surgery. It uses a machine that basically freezes the fat cells. The results aren't instant like lipo - it takes a few months for the body to absorb the dead fat cells.

Here's what i know about dead fat cells: fat necrosis is sometimes an unwanted result of surgery (especially reconstruction). The area becomes hot & red & hard - sometimes it shrinks but sometimes you can also end up with a hard scar or lump in that spot (which might or might not go away). If its caused by loss of circulation, the tissue death can progress to gangrene.

I would be pretty cautious because of the potential for scarring. Also, how do they make sure they don't accidentally "freeze" the wrong tissue - like skin or blood vessels? How is it regulated?

I had never heard of this but now I want it done! I've booked a consultation (can't get in till August though) so if you haven't found out any more info before then I'll update after my appointment.

Look up reviews online. There's a site with lots of reviews, mainly from America and they're really mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Em_325 View Post
    I had never heard of this but now I want it done! I've booked a consultation (can't get in till August though) so if you haven't found out any more info before then I'll update after my appointment.
    Em how did you go? Did you have your appointment?

I didn't end up going. I was sick for the original appointment then decided I would wait till after I have another baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Floweryfields View Post
    I am considering this - not for weightloss, but to take a little off my thighs which are always larger and not in proportion regardless of my weight. Has anyone had it done?
    They say it's permanent - but say you put on weight, where does it go if it can't go where the fat cells have been removed from, do you get fat in other areas?
    Never tried doing cool sculpting

10. Default Re: Coolsculpting anyone?

Have you gone for Liposuction surgery. I have mad eits seriously painful...So better brisk walking rather than ...