Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Duromine

Default Duromine

Im just wanting to hear everyone's experience on Duromine the good and the bad!!!

Hated it.....it made me not sleep at all....but on the good side i lost 7kg in a few weeks

I have nothing but bad.

I took it for nearly a year, I had dizzy spells, heart palpitations and the weight I lost flew back on as soon as I stopped. I got angry and neurotic. It is a medical form of speed simple as that. If its not safe to take speed on a daily basis why would it be safe to take duromine. The Dr that was giving it to me stopped after a while when they released the studies to show how addictive and dangerous it was. I even knew people in my clubbing days who used it as poor mans speed.

The only way to safely lose weight to keep it off is through healthy eating and exercise IMO. No shakes, no pills just good old fashioned good eating. Because these quick fixes only work for a short period of time and if your brain is still wired the way it was before its not going to stay off. Nevermind what yoyo dieting does to your body.

Ok end rant.

It helped me lose STACKS Of weight and gave a fantastic energy boost.

BUT

It made me have terrible mood swings and heart palpatations. I couldn't sleep. Gave me hideous pimples. I took 1 a day for the frist couple of weeks then 1 every 2nd day after that.

I wouldn't go on it again simply becuase of the mood swings I had on it. I loved the weight loss side of it though.

hmmm i knew i should of posted on here before spending almose $100 on it!!!

should maybe i start on using it every 2nd day?
    The thought of heart palpitations scares me - and i sooo need my sleep i dont get enough as it is with Bianca! hehehe

and maybe i should tell DH about it if im going to have mood swings! i was just going to keep it secret from him cause i know he will be angry with me for using it!

Are your BFing? I wouldn't take it if you are.

unfortunatly no im not breast feeding! wish i was than maybe that would help me lose the 10kgs i really want to lose!

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

I had mood swings for the first 2-3 weeks and then I think I was fine lol.
    I lost a staggering amount of weight over 6 months, just over 20kgs but unfortunatly have put it back on due to hormone drugs and bad eating.
    Once we have had bub I will definatly be using it again.
    My private health insurance ( CBHS) aslo paid $77 per script for it so its worth checking it out. I was only out of pocket $23 a month

Goodluck and remember everyone is different

Hmmm thanks Bee - i will check out my private health insurance!
    also u right on everyone being different but its sounding like the side effects are pretty common and everyone!
    but hey i guess its worth a go - i spent the money i may aswell try it!

I can't comment from my personal point of view, but DH is taking it, he just started on his second box of the stuff, i think it is the 30mg dosage. He went to the doctor, told him he was planning on giving up smoking but he always gets the munchies when he quits and then he takes up smoking again... Anyway, Dr gave it to him, did the blood test beforehand, BP and all that, and told him to come back in 4 weeks and if he lost 4 kgs, he would write out another script.

He said he hasn't had any heart palpitations at all. Hasn't had any trouble with sleeping, but he gets up at 4am when he is on dayshift, so he takes it fairly early enough in the day we think for him to get a good nights sleep when it comes round to bedtime.
    He did have mood swings when he first started on it, BUT that could have been the lack of nicotine too?

We got a written receipt from the chemist and took it to our PHI who gave us $50 back as well.

eta: I think our problem in this house is lack of portion control.. DH said it has made him feel fuller on a normal size meal.

Nic

nic - thanks thats sounding good - with the mood swings are they cranky mood swings?
    i will be right taking it with a bub at home wont i? i really don't want to be cranky around Bub!

i know my prob would be the amount of carbs i eat but its hard to not eat them!
    and also with Bianca i find it hard to eat healthy meals at home! its just easier to get a packet of chips etc....

DH's mood swings were cranky ones, but they have settled down now, think he is onto week 3 of no smokes

I lost 30 kgs on duromine.

But i was walking twice a day also it keep me awake for few weeks then i started getting used to the not getting as much sleep. Helped me out with the energy department... I had no other side affects so i guess i was lucky... I used them for the 1st month to kick start my weightloss as i have difficulty dropping weight cos of my PCOS.

sounds like he is doing a great job!!!!! good on him!

Quote Originally Posted by hj1981 View Post
    i know my prob would be the amount of carbs i eat but its hard to not eat them!
    and also with Bianca i find it hard to eat healthy meals at home! its just easier to get a packet of chips etc....
    It's hard with a little one to sometime find the time to make something to eat, let alone making sure it is a healthy option. I've been guilty of the packet of chips too. Lately, I have been having trouble keeping up with cleaning and cooking, so we have been having quite few microwave meals. (DH is all for them, as he has the portions there and it fills him up) I sometimes go the shop and get a microwave meal, throw it in when DS has finally gone down for a nap, then sit and eat it while trawling BB

what time was everyone taking them of a morning?
    im planing on 6am and hopefully that wont affect my sleep too much!
    I just want to take them to kick start my weight loss - i only want to lose 10kgs
    im taking my first one on monday! im pretty nervouse about it actually
    also did it make anyone drousy??

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast