Thread: I joined a gym today :)

Talking I joined a gym today :)

And im so excited!!!!!!

Me and my SIL have both decided enough is enough we both want to get fit and healthy. We both have about 20kgs to lose.

We started our diets and exercise yesterday. Our exercise was just going to be walking an hour a day and if we wanted to do extra exercise we could ourselves. But i suggested that since there is a gym down the road we should do an aerobics class once a week just to add something different into the mix.

This morning we went for our usual walk and then popped into the gym, at first we just wanted to inquire and see what classes they had going. But one class really stuck out to us. Its called Groove here is the class description:

If you can move you can Groove. You'll stomp, flick, wiggle, jiggle, hip hop, snap, shimmy, shake, slide, glide, smile and laugh your way through this 60 min fitness dance program. Experience a fusion of club, urban and Latin dance styles with motivating chart topping hits and retro classic tunes. Supportive, funky, easy going instructors help you Get A Move On! with Group Groove

We got to see the morning class and it looks like so much fun so we are doing the night class tonight.

Bye bye mummy tummy, love handles, thunder thighs, tuckshop lady arms and my triple chin and HELLOOOO sexy body

That's great to hear 1tm! How did your first class go?

oohhh that sounds fun! i wish my area had something like that but we dont even have a gym haha!

Sounds like fun 1st time mumma, Mrs S, you might have to make your own "GROOVE" Class, crank up the stereo and dance around! My cousin used to do that, and successfully lost 10 kilos lol...

that sounds fab! Just make sure your instructor knows you recently gave birth as you might need to be a bit cautious for a few week (until your 6 week check normally).

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    that sounds fab! Just make sure your instructor knows you recently gave birth as you might need to be a bit cautious for a few week (until your 6 week check normally).
    :yeahthat:

Have fun, sounds good! I'm starting Zumba in a few weeks

Wow has it been 6 weeks already? When I joined gyms after both my kids births I had to have passed the 6 week mark or at least have a letter from my ob to say I had been approved to do gym work!

man there would be no way Id be doing it 3 weeks after giving birth......knowing my luck id have a gush of blood go down my leg if I did anything to hard at that stage

The class was A LOT harder than what i thought it would be.

I couldn't do most of the moves as they involved jumping around so i just pretended i was. The worst was needing to pee halfway through all the moving around wasn't good for my poor bladder so that was awkward having to excuse myself.

I talked to the instructor afterwards and told her i had just had a baby so thats why i sometimes was standing there or when i was supposed to be jumping or whatever i was only half doing it but she said she understood

I've decided it was too soon to do anything like that, and i was worried that i would bleed lots starting exercising but nope if anything its slowed it down.

My back/hips and pelvis were awful after having kailey and since walking and i did half an hour on a bike its stretched everything out so i feel much better

Oh i also mentioned when i signed up that i had just had a baby and they had no issues just cant do any weights or go too hard on the machines.