Thread: Kate Morgan and cost?

Question Kate Morgan and cost?

I am looking at joining up with Kate Morgan to lose some post-baby kilos. My biggest concern is cost. I read online a starter kit is around $100?? How much are the shakes for a week?

I don't know about cost or anything, but my friend just stopped doing it not long after she started. Her doctor noticed she had lost weight and asked what she was doing, so she told him about Kate Morgan, and he strongly reccommended she stop immediately, as it wreaks havoc on your metabolism. So you do lose weight, but as soon as you start back on normal foods you gain it all back

I'm about to start Weight Watchers, I think its gonna work best for me. Have you looked at that?

Oh really? Darn...

Yeah, weight watchers and just a whole lifestyle change is what I'm ultimately heading for but right now I know I'm just too damn busy to make myself healthy nutitious food to eat during the day, I need something that's quick, easy and on the go. If it's not I won't do it. Other wise I am normally of the opinion that I would never just drink shakes forever and it need to be a big lifestyle change yk?

Thats actually the reason I'm going with Weight Watchers - its run by a points system, so you can eat whatever you want, as long as you don't exceed your daily point limit. You can even save up your points through the week if you know you're going out for dinner on the weekend!

I figure thats probably the most flexible, on the run diet/lifestyle change that you can find!

Bec,

I have been on Kate Morgan since Christmas. Feel free to have a look at my blog linked in my sig. It costs $3.25 per sachet, and then about $20 for the booklets to get you going.

In terms of its affect on your metabolism, it won't impact your metabolism at all, BUT the two shakes and the healthy dinner equal a low colorie intake, so when you move OFF Kate Morgan, you will will need to be mindful that you will have to implement a carefully laid maitainance plan.

The jury is really divided on "shake diets", I know, so I am just imparting my personal experience:

My argument is this:

Whilst I know what a healthy diet is, I have, for way too long, allowed myself to ignore my own knowledge because of a multitude of emotional and mental reasons. I have consciously chosen all the WRONG foods, despite my education.

A prescriptive shake diet, such as KM, for me, removes 99% of the choices. I can do it without thinking, and therefore WITHOUT TEMPATATION!

Ummm, shall I have a couple of slices of toast with nutella & peanut butter for my brekky? Or a low fat yogurt?

That is a choice I would rather not have to make right now.

So my choice currently is "cappuccino shake or vanilla shake". I make it, skull it, and move on with my day. No guilt, no choice, no shame, no beating myself up at all. (The shakes taste really nice BTW!)

I think a lot of people poo poo shake diets. But with 40kg to lose, I JUST KNEW that it would help me SHIFT the large proportion. Then I can start focusing on the psychological issues.

Most intelligent women KNOW what a healthy diet looks like. The mental & emotional issues are far far more complex.

I have now lost 20kg and have moved off Kate Morgan to work with a personal trainer and am now using Calorie King to track and plan very heathy low calorie (1200 daily) meal plans that are high in protein, low in fat and high in effective low GI carbs......so not much sugar, bread or pasta, more veggies and grains.......

Good luck!

Thanks

Lucy, thanks so much for your input. I just went and signed up with Kate Morgan, I'll give it a shot. I was surprised that on their weight/height charts I am actually only a couple of kilos off the recommended weight.....but I know I feel so much more comfortable at 7-8kg lighter. So while I don't have a lot to lose, like you I just know at the moment, and given my time restraints and stress levels with a newborn in the family I just don't make the 'good' choice. I'll eat the kids leftover Mac & Cheese from lunch.....mmm...not good! So for me too the fact that I don't have to chose and make time to make something for myself is the benefit here. Once things settle here with bub and I have more control of the household (does that EVER happen? ) then I know I can and will make the right choice. Right now FAST food is on the menu!

Thanks again girls Will be looking into weight watchers in the future tho.....

Lucy, you are wonder woman! How on earth did you stick it out???
    I've been attempting the Herbalife program but I'm completely hopeless!
    I don't feel full at all, and my body doesn't adjust fast enough to make me not as hungry so I just feel like I'm starving and then of course I eat the wrong foods to accompany it!

How on earth did you stick it out???
    Honestly, the first week was tough.....waiting for my stomach to shrink after a lifetime of carb loading! But I just toughed out the first week by eating fruit and veg between shakes, and then after a week I was all good and in a groove.

BUT, and I will emphasise this, from my experiences over the years with ANY weight loss plan: I just have to be in the right frame of mind. Which I never have been before.

But this time round I am committed. And dare I say it, even enjoying it all?!

So there is still hope !!
    I will tough it out a bit longer... Thanks!

Good luck Bec, i hope it goes well for you!!

Thanks

Am already resisiting the urge to put things in my mouth......
    I'e only had one shake so far for lunch and it just feels so wrong to not DO the acting of eating....that and the kids are at daycare at the moment so I am actually not run off my feet. I have time to think about this......

Thanks Lucy, there is hope then....just gotta get through the week.....