Thread: Losing the weight after pregnancy

Default Losing the weight after pregnancy

Since giving birth(16 days ago), i've lost 15kgs. So got 15kgs more to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I'd like to lose another 10-15kgs after that, so i'll be around 60kgs. So that's my new years resolution. Now...just have to think up how to lose the weight. I was thinking of doing pilates as i'm pretty flexable and have heard off many, many people that it works wonders getting all that weight off, plus more, after pregnancy.

Has anyone tried doing pilates and have it work for them? What other things have you tried that worked wonders?

Pietta Guest

As cliche as it sounds I have found walking really does the trick. I walk with some of the mothers from my mothers group and it is fun and social. I also am looking forward to pilates and yoga but I am loving my netball.

Good luck and wtg on the 15 so far!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Tegan

My cousin tried pilates and lost a whopping 15kg's!Shes looks fantastic now and says she loves doing pilates as it stretches all the muscles making them look leaner(even though you sweat your butt off!!).She still does it now.

I've just enrolled in the SureSlim program. I get my food program in early January and plan to start on 10 January.

It's a "food is medicine" type of diet with exercise/etc thrown in.

I'm 103kgs and have a goal weight of 60kgs.

Is anyone interested in doing a weekly "weigh-in"?

spiddles Guest

I would be after new years...My SIL was on sureskim and lost 15 kgs after being PG. You still really need to exercise though even though you seem to loose without doing it to tone up.

I did a weekly Pilates class at work and have never been in so much pain. It is an excellent form of excercise and your abs will feel like a million dollars. If you are doing it correctly you will hurt but it is a good pain and all worthwhile. Hope that doesn't put anyone off.

My friend did Sureslim and looks fantastic. She has 6 kgs to go and the only exercise she did was the occassional walk. I think eating the seeds help a lot with this program.

Gemma.