Thread: OK I joined up but how do I loose it ?

Default OK I joined up but how do I loose it ?

Today I signed up for our workplace Biggest Loser challenge.
    I work at our local swimming pool as a water baby instructor. We have 8 weeks to loose weight, with weekly weigh ins at the pool. Only me and my supervisor know my weight, the rest will be shown in % not kilos etc.

I have acess to free use of the pool for swimmming, water aerobics etc... They are also having challenges etc. There are already some hikes booked, starting from easy and working up as the weeks go on.

My problem is shifting the weight... I have PCOS and am insulin resistance and find the weight loss journey really difficult.

I am shocked to say when i weighed in today i was 110.6 kgs
    If I didn't have my boys with me I think I would have stayed in the staff room and cried..

so those in the know can you give me some tips to shift this weight

Thanks Tania xx

Input = Output.

So basically, the more calories you consume, the more you need to burn. To lose weight, you need to burn MORE calories than take in.

The biggest problem I have, and many people I know that are fat, is controlling portion size. I don't eat junk and fat, I just eat a LOT. So for me, that has been my biggest struggle.
    I am finding that putting whatever I would serve up on my plate, then taking half off is working well. Not eating after 8pm helps too and eating lots of fibre at breakfast time will help keep cravings at bay.

You need to work out WHY you eat - boredom, emotion, are you eating the right foods but wrong quantity or are you eating crap?

All the diets and fads will do you no good though if ignore the basic rule input = output - you MUST use more fuel than you put in to LOSE weight. (That hungry feeling, it is your friend And it will get better as you get a handle on when you are really hungry and portion size)

HTH - and kick some arse!

:yeahthat:

I back Limeslice's post!

There are alot of 'ways' to loose weight. You need to take an honest look at your diet. Write everything down (before you even eat it) and look at what changes you can make to make it healthier.

It may be that you require a bit more structured support of a program. In which case research them properly before starting with any. I obviously recommend Weight Watchers, but I am bias being employed by them and all. But so long as it follows healthy guidelines (ie, the food pyramid) then you should be right. Please don't go down the 'meal replacement' route. They are not very healthy and do not teach you any long term methods of actually maintaining the weightloss when it is achieved.

If you check out the Weight watchers website, they have forums and blogs and information. Many people on there are able to follow the program and enlist support and advice without signing up as a paying member, so it may give you a place to start.

Good luck. Just remember that you can do this, it is just about making small changes.

Thanks

Misty I was a member of Weight Watchers up until recently. I have had great success with them . I lost 30 kilos before I had bub.
    Put it all back on plus, This time around I did WW for a yr and lost 4 kilo... I just couldnt seem to get the hang of it all, Lost all motivation too..
    It didnt help that every time i went to go to a meeting something happened at home so I had to stay home. I lost contact with my leader and the new short and sharp meetings don't seem to motivate....
    all excuses I know but I have none know , just have to do it

Tan - I know exactly where you are, I have been there (many times) before. Unfortunately loosing weight is all about mindset. Wanting to do it is not enough. You need to know you can do it and resolve that you will do it and actually mean it. One foot in front of the other, just one step at a time. If you are an old member then I am sure you have all the program information, so you know 'how' to loose weight, you just need to decide that you are ready to do so and that you will continue, even if you have a bad day or go off course. You need to challenge your excuses, because lets face it there are always and will always be reasons why you cann't do something. The truth is though that is you are committed enough you will look for ways around those problems, you will look for strategies to put in place to help you get through the tough times, and you will realise that the only way you can fail at loosing weight is to not try and not give it your all.

Will power will only get you so far. eventually that will power will run out the door and leave you alone to consume anything in your sight. That is a fact. You need to think ahead and put stratagies in place in place to combat this. I don't keep chocolate in the house at all! Because I know I will cave, it is just a matter of when. Now when I cave all I have in my house a healthy options, fruit, vege, etc. So even if I completely go overboard it is unlikely to blow me out of the water. Having said that I still have had moments when I have gone completely backwards. Just in this last 2 months I have been going up and down the same 2kgs, because I end up eating the entire block of chocolate followed by the big bag of chips and the family sized bag of lollies and 2lts of ice-cream. (I am not joking sadly). But I am back on track now, because I choose to be.

Good luck with it all. If you need / want help or to talk feel free to pm me, because I totally get just how har this can be.

Default Re: OK I joined up but how do I loose it ?

Tan32 I just wanted to pop in and say good luck girl, you can do it