Thread: What is wrong with me??? LOL

Cool What is wrong with me??? LOL

I am so blinking hungry ALL the time!!

When i was pregnant i lost my appetite and ever since having DD i am eating non stop!!

I will have dinner, stuff myself stupid (on healthy food of course) and then moments later i am hungry again.

Its to the point my tummy grumbles, and it grumbles quite loudly!

Is there like a magic pill i can take that will stop me from feeling hungry all the time?

I've tried drinking water before and after meals just to try and fill me up a bit all that does is make me pee a lot more..

any advice would be lovely

Just eat. You need the energy. Keep it really healthy, and there shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    Just eat. You need the energy. Keep it really healthy, and there shouldn't be a problem.
    :yeahthat:

You need to keep eating as you're so busy with bub, your body is telling you.

If you're hungry you need to eat more. I've seen you're trying to lose weight, maybe you should consider going to Weight Watchers. You can actually eat a lot more than you think to lose weight. You don't need to be hungry.

Are you breastfeeding? If not, disregard this ...

Maybe your body is telling you you're eating the wrong things? You say you're eating 'healthy food', is this rabbit food or a balanced meal?

I find very low fat low sugar things leave me hungry, but something high protien keeps me full, so maybe have more lean meat, hard boiled egg snacks and some fat reduced cheese too.

It's because you're working out like a demon, chickie!!! I hate exercising because it makes me just binge and binge afterwards, every time I can't help it - I burn calories, get hungry, stuff my guts, have to go work out again
    You can eat as much as you like, providing it's good, balanced and high in nutrients. Try to avoid 'low-fat', 'no-fat' and 'lite' or 'diet' products, (what they lack in fat, they make up for in added sugar and artificial things that have no nutritional value) just eat the full-fat/regular versions but watch your portion sizes. I found that to be very helpful when losing weight as your body burns natural fats much more efficiently than it burns sugars, and they will make you feel fuller for longer, whereas the 'diet' products always leave you wanting more.
    I am a huge fan of eggs when losing weight - I have a boiled egg on wholegrain toast for breakfast and find I don't want to eat until lunch, whereas if I eat cereal or fruit salad or something else for brekky, I'm starving again by 9:30 even if I'm sitting on my bum, kwim??

You're doing a fantastic job getting back into shape hun, I'm so proud of you Keep up the great work!! Best of luck with your weight-loss goals honey, take it easy on yourself and enjoy watching it all fall off slowly, you'll get there! x

i found i was sooooooo hungry after i had DS. i was never full! not sure if that's BFing or quite common? but either way, it did settle down after a while though.

i also saw on fb that you're working out so that'll make you extra hungry as well. make sure you have some lean protein with every meal - protein will help you to fell more full/satisfied & help feed those muscles that you're working out!

Thanks ladies.

I am eating quite well. breaky is either a muffin and a shake or sometimes a bowl of cereal. lunch is either a fish fillet or chicken fillet and vegies and dinner is usually meat and vegies. But i might add some extra protein in there maybe a boiled egg as a snack.

I drink quite a bit of water specially when working out. But despite all that (which i think is pretty generous) i find myself starving!! and its even worse when i am bored (yes i still get bored even with a baby!).

Thanks Donna I really need all the motivation i can get. I feel great from exercising i just hope i can keep it up. I do it for a few months then something happens and i stop and i gain back all the weight iv lost and i undo everything i worked so hard for. While im doing this to get in shape i just want to be more healthy and want to be able to run around with DD when she gets bigger and of course theres i want to be a yummy mummy!

Just remember hun, '9 months on, 9 months off' You're doing a great job!

Definitely add some more protein (like boiled eggs and more lean meat) into your diet babe, other than that it sounds really good! Snack on some nuts and include some 'good' fats like avocado and cheese as well to make sure you're getting everything your body needs to keep up with being a mummy You know you can always turn to us for motivation when you need a kick in the pants, but really, it sounds like you're doing a brilliant job of it Keep us posted on how you're going!

Porridge is a great breakfast, filling, and is a slower release form of energy and a great choice when dieting

That wouldn't be enough food for me! (And I'm not BFing, I just sit at a desk all day and exercise most days.) Apart from three meals a day I also need at least 2 or 3 extra snacks, which normally consists of 2 pieces of fruit, 2 rice cakes with cheese and yoghurt with dried fruit in it. If I have a big workout at the gym I'll usually have a (small) cup of milo afterwards. So definitely feel free to add some healthy, good quality snacks into your day and see if that helps!

Big thing is to look at the type of food you are eating. I know I can easily consume my entire daily requirement of kj in one sitting just with one piece of chocolate mudcake (I kid you not). But if I am careful about what I eat I can stretch those same amount of kjs throughout the day and eat a LOT of food. I bulk up ALL of my meals with LOTS of fibrous vegies and salads. I am very big on quantities, if I don't have alot to eat, I don't feel satisfied - so I have to make smarter choices.

Also look at whether it is actual hunger - which will leave you feeling nausious, light headed, sick even (alot of people don't even know what real hunger feels like), or mental / emotional hunger - craving something because you are bored, happpy, sad, angry, stressed, physically worn out/ tired. I know that after I exercise I feel extreme hunger, but I am very careful to make sure I have healthy snacks or meals planned for when I am finished, or I just end up at KFC. My mum always used to say to us as kids "if you are hungry you will eat anything, including that apple. If you won't eat the apple, you aren't really hungry". There is alot of truth to this. When you are truely hungry, even foods that you don't particularly like look appealing and attractive. If you are only 'hungry' for junk food or a specific type of food, that is not real hunger.

I snack alot to keep myself getting too hungry. things like fruit, vegies (cooked or uncooked), salsa, air-popped popcorn, diet jelly, no fat yogurt, skim milk, 8 almonds, eggs, tuna, etc.