Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you start losing weight whilst breastfeeding

Kymbo Guest

Default When did you start losing weight whilst breastfeeding

Hi all,

Just was wondering as a general consensus? if there is a general time frame when you started to lose the baby weight whilst breastfeeding?

thanks

Kym

I gained a total of just over 13 kilos in my pregnancy. By the time I came home from hospital, 5 days after having DS, I had lost 7.5 kilos, by the time he was two weeks old I had lost another 2 kilos and I was back down to my pre-pregnancy weight by the time he was 5 monts old. He is 13 months now - still breastfeeding and I'm now 4 kilos below my pre-pregnancy weight!

I gained 13kg, lost 6kg in the first 2 weeks, then couldn't budge the rest until Nina was 4 months old. I'm now 5kg below pre-pg weight.

Cant tell you yet my mum lost a lot of weight about 2wks onwards esp as i had bad colic and was screaming like a banshee 24/7 she didnt get any sleep at all lol

I am still bf DS at 13 months

I was 69 before i got pregnant, went up to around 84 when i had him, went down to around 75 over a few months, and stayed there ever since.

And we were bf a lot! I thought it would be the magical answer to losing weight, i didn't diet but didn't eat so badly, and never really lost anything major. I've lost a few kg in the past few months from exercising

I hope you lose weight bf, but do keep it mind its not the magic answer for all women!

I lost all my babyweight bfing relatively quickly. Definitely by 3 months I was back to "normal" weight for me (58kg) but kept losing weight so that by about 5 months I was about 4-5kg lighter than I usually am). I continued BFing for 14 months and my weight remained constantly at about 53kg, but now I've stopped BF I've put on quite a bit of weight... He he. Guess I needed to eat less once I stopped being in the milk production business.

I lost all the weight I gained with DS by the time he was about 2 months old.
    But when I was breastfeeding my first baby I GAINED 4kg because I was eating like a demon.
    Learnt my lesson and made sure I ate really sensibly this time and it seems to have paid off. The weight started to come off pretty much straight away.

I put on 21 kgs while pregnant, lost 9 kgs straight after Riley was born, then another 7 kgs within 6 weeks but couldn't budge the rest for some reason...but in the last month it's finally started coming off again and now I only have another 4 kgs to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 65 kgs...

Fee Guest

BFing has helped me lose weight I'm sure. I have done no exercise and have been eating like a horse! I eat healthy meals though but do also have a few naughty snacks!

Normal pre-baby weight = 51-52 kgs
    Weight at conception = 49 kgs
    End of pregnancy = 66 kgs
    Day 4 post birth = 61 kgs
    1 week after birth = 58 kgs
    4 weeks after birth = 55 kgs
    4 months after birth = 51-52 kgs
    7 months after birth = 48-49 kgs

I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans about 2 weeks after the birth.

I am just below my pre-pregnant weight now, 2 weeks after my daughters birth. I only put on 5 kgs though so that might be why. I am thinking i'll probably put on more weight soon enough though. Need to eat more so I can actually breastfeed effectively!

I could have written this Yael
    I was 69 before i got pregnant, went up to around 84 when i had him, went down to around 75 over a few months, and stayed there ever since.
    though i started at 70 went to 81 and went to 75 ( Bf till 10 months ) then sat there till i did a weight loss challenge back to pre pg hoping to go a little further yet

I put on 16 kgs throughout the pg and lost about 10 in the first week and a half and up to now have lost 13kgs - a bit more to go, as I was carrying extra when i concieved so fingers crossed!

I didn't find that b/f helped me much at all It's funny how differently it works for different people. It took me 12 months to get back to pre pg weight, and it certainly wasnt easy!! And I bf for 15 months.

paradise lost Guest

I only gained 6kg during PG (was 95KG already before PG) though i didn't diet or anything. I was back at 95KG when DD was 4 days old. Within 4 months i was down to 74kg, which was very skinny by my standards. I stopped BFing at 7 months and immediately lost another 2kg. Slowly since then i've put a little back on. NOw i'm up at around 80kg again but i'd like to lose 2 or 3kg as i only gained it recently when having 3 weeks off running (holiday, toe injury.. LOL). I had thyroid issues throughout this time so bear that in mind - my weightloss was dramatic and unhealthy, NOT due to BFing.

B

It can vary a lot from person to person. As some of the girls here as described, some women get back to pre-preg weight (or below) very quickly and show no noticeable signs of their pregnancy. Others take longer - I am now just below my pre-preg weight (higher than normal) at nearly 6 mths but my body shape is different. My bbs are still bigger so shirts don't fit and my tummy still has a nice soft roll happening . I have a couple of friends who didn't get back to pre-preg weight til after they finished bfing each time.

All of the above is 'normal' and it is more usual for things to take a bit of time. After all, it took 9 mths to get larger and can therefore take time to shrink again. I think there's a lot of pressure on women to snap back 'into shape' after giving birth when having a healthy and happy bubs and mum is what's most important.

I don't weigh myself but I'm definately lighter 1 year after having all my babies than I was at each conception.... BFing just sloughs it off (extra kilo gained whilst pregnant).... I tell by how my clothes fit. I'm an average size 10/12 BTW.

was just thinking bout this the other day....
    before i got preg i was 67 kg.... got up to bout 82kg... 10 days after bub was 68kg and now Eden is 5 n half months im 61/62kg.... eat really healthy normally, some days not as much as i should, but you lose interest in eating when you cant sit down and enjoy it. But i have found that bb feeding makes me crave luxury desserts- very strange for me...

I am one of those women who do not loose weight while breastfeeding.

Can lose 10 kilos immediately when bubs arrives (put on 20 to 28kgs when pregnant).

The extra baby weight just does not budge at all at any time with b/feeding for me.

After weaning, I find that a few kilos instantly fall off in a blink of an eye without doing anything!!!! I don't quite get back to a prepregnancy weight or figure, but do get within a healthy weight range AFTER giving up b/feeding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast