Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BellyBelly Flyers - Flylady Chat #2

I really need to get FLYing properly too. I am very lucky to have a bit of a house fairy - PIL look after the boys 3 days a week and MIL also cooks for us those nights and does washing and ironing (bless her). And I have a cleaner once a fortnight. But with working ft, it is easy to get out of control and I haven't been able to get any routines going properly yet.

I was going to ask about the control journal too. My problem is that I forget what needs to be done - I am usually so tired by the time I get home, then have to rush to get T fed and to bed as he is always starving and tired. Then if J isn't too tired I'll play with him for a while before he goes to bed. And then I collapse. And the mornings - well - let's just say rush, rush, rush. Maybe I need to try it and see.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had tried the Office in a Bag concept? I think that would help me to not forget to pay bills etc, and would make it easier to make use of my "downtime" at work. But then, maybe I'd just forget to take it with me and the bills would sit in it unpaid. I don't know, maybe I should try that and see too.

My first thing is I have listed 8 jobs I want to do over the long weekend. But by Friday I am sure it will be longer. I'm going to try doing each in 15min chunks and see how I go. Wish me luck!!

Good luck MantaRay!!!! Got my long weekend list going too... going try to rope dh in to help (might promise him home cooked dessert food as payment... that normally works)

My DH is away for the long weekend, so I am going to see how well I can get the boys involved! I think J will love helping but T could be a challenge. He loves picking things up and putting them away. Then tipping them all out again.

what's the aussie flylady yahoogroup name?

i need to fly. but when I do my 15mins, and have piles of washing sorted, DH comes into the room and undoes my piles

i'm flying high tonight - shined the sink - and moved onto the stove!!! all while having a lovely chat with my daughter about how well she is doing at school. She saw the emails coming through from Flylady, and asked me about it. I said to her "well you know how I encourage you, and help you work through things? Well flylady is like that for me..." DH walked out the kitchen and just about did a jig for joy because the kitchen was sparkling lol.

I have started the control journal... will let you know how I go with it. I like the concept because it gives me direction.. rather then flitting all over the place and not getting anything done, and ending up cranky.

I feel like I have achieved more today then I have in a while - and all I did was shine my sink.

Oooh Vicky me too!!! I re-started FLYing today and only shined my sink but by golly my kitchen looks sparkling because of it! All dishes are put away and it's spilled over into the loungeroom which is also tidy....and all by 8pm! Gotta love FLYing......

*stands up* My name is ange, and i have a MESSY house!

That's it! I've had it. i need to get my A into G.

I joined the flylady a few months ago and then preceded to delete the emails beofre reading them?! So Then i unsubscribed!
    SO............i have re-joined. (Kaz i just went to the website and clicked on get started then there was a link to the yahoo thingo to get emails. (hi, by the way! missed ya )

My main prob is i spend all babies sleep time on the PC under the guise of not wanting to wake her. Who am i kidding?!

Looking forward to a little motivation from you ladies!

heys Ange - I found the Aussie yahoo group - went to yahoo groups and searched for australian flylady. the times are in aussie not yank

Have just started again, so here's hoping.

I don't know a lot about how all this works but I took one bit of advice which was to declutter for 15 minutes and I swear I have done more housework in the last 2 days then in the last month

I have cleaned my boys bedrooms and rearranged them and that was just today. yesterday I cleared the clutter from my lounge..

tomorrow I am doing nothing cus im exhausted Although I might do the kitchen cupboards

i don't read all the emails. i flick until something catches my eye, then I read it... will have to look for the australian flylady now... so i can get emails in the right time zone.

lol Ange at pc procrastinating during sleep time - i'm guilty of that one too... but I think my biggest problem has been not knowing where to start... and then it all gets overwhelming, so I don't do anything. helpful hey?!

so i've thrown away my list of shoulds, and are concentrating on babysteps one day at a time. for today, made yummy lasagne from scratch, my sink is shining, so is the stove, the kitchen looks lovely, I made the bed this morning, and "swished and swiped" the bathroom after I had a shower, put a load of washing on, to be hung out tomorrow morning... so I'm reaching over and patting myself on the back.

That's the key! Baby steps and being proud of what you HAVE done and not thinking how much you haven't

WTG vivky, you're inspiring me! i did some washing last night and cleaned kitchen. Thanks!

Nic- well deserved rest!

go FlyLadies!!!! I have decluttered almost all my zones now and am starting on the missions and the detail cleaning... my dining room is now cleaner than it has been since we moved in 18 months ago... all on 15 minutes a day!! (I'm not sure if detail cleaning should be done 15 a day, does anyone know? but that's how it's working for me).
    Yay Nic- isn't it amazing how much you get done in 15 minutes? Feels so good!!

Oooh LoriRae I'm not that far in yet.....but it all sounds inspiring! I don't feel I've done much today but the house looks so tidy! I dressed to the shoes and have shined my sink, twice now. All washing is done, hung and put away, something that usually takes me until 10pm to fnish!

Hi all, can I join in! I'd never heard of FlyLady until I found this thread so I went to the site and it sounds great!

Just a question before I sign up, is it a PITA to get so many emails everyday? I hate getting inundated and I know you don't have to read them all, but it really does sound annoying!

I have a sink full of hot water and bleach now, can't wait for my sink to look all shiny!

Trish, there are fewer Aussie ones than with the US group, so that is a help. I thought it would be a PITA, so signed up for the digest (where you get a day or twos worth together rather than each one). But I have just changed back to get the Aussie ones one at a time. I found with the digest that I wasn't getting the same value from it (ie I was ignoring it until I was bored at work then read a week or more's worth at the same time). I would trial getting them and you can always get the digest or stop getting them if it's not working for you. And there is always the delete key!!

I just bought a binder that I can use as a control journal and Office in a Bag. Wish me luck - I could be FLYing higher than a kite soon....

lol Mantaray at flying higher then a kite...

I have been out since 7 this morning, and didnt get home til 5 =- felt like I was back at work, which I was kind of.. was looking after a friends daughter while she is at work, getting paid for it, so I am not complaining. It was such a good feeling this morning though to get up to a shiny sink lol. and then come home and the house was still tidy.

DD does the dishes in this house, and DS1 dries them, so I shine the sink after that...

Out again early tomorrow, but when I get home I'm going to check out the ZONES and HOTSPOTS...

I like the sound of the house being cleaner then when I moved in Lorirae.... I definately need to declutter - in every room in this house!!

Trish - like Mantaray said, try and it and see. I flick through until I read something that "speaks" to me, and I guess it is probably what I need to hear for the day.

Trish- I actually got a seperate email account, a Yahoo one, for the FlyLady emails. MrsMac warned me a few posts back that she had unsubscribed twice and the emails kept coming- scared me, I could just imagine the guilt associated with all those emails that kept coming and me ignoring them. Works well for me. And I've discovered if you go to the site and into "fly zone" they have the zone and the missions on there.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast