Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BellyBelly Flyers - Flylady Chat #2

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO- i am sitting here proudly admiring my new shiny sink and spotless kitchen. i luuuurve it!

I signed up but havn't got an email yet...... did i do it wrong?

Lorirae- is the info the same on the site as it the emails? a separate email is a good idea......

Good feeling isn't it Ange?

Did you add you normal email address as well? otherwise the emails will all go to your yahoo email account. I really don't mind getting them - well it is early days, ask me in a week or two. I think in the beginning its a good idea, just to keep you focused, and help the habit to form, iykwim.

Ange- if you don't do it through a yahoo address, you will need to verify your account with Yahoo, but they should send you an email telling you that, with a link (which actually wasn't working last time I tried it, but surely they have fixed it by now...)
    The info on the site is pretty much the same as the emails- tell you what zone to work in and what the mission for the day is. There's also a link on the home page that has the repeated emails (some repeat weekly and some daily) for that day.
    So everything is on the site except for FlyLady's essays (which can get a bit long winded) and the testimonials she sends out (most of these I delete but some I read, they can be pretty inspiring). And occasionally an email that they send out every six months or whatever (like the one I got a few days ago telling me clean the lint filters in my dryer- she thinks of everything!)
    On a different note, my dh thinks I have lost my mind. He just discovered me cleaning the tracks of the sliding doors with a toothbrush. Hmmmm... he's lucky it wasn't his!!!

Thanks everyone, I'll sign up today and see how I go.

I have a shiny sink too! It looks great and it was nice to see it when I got up (I must be going nuts LOL). As I was admiring it this morning I noticed the brand of the sink is "Radiant", never noticed that until I shined it!

oooh trish!! its a sign ;P lol

lol trish - definately a sign BTW - love the photo of your babe and the laptop, just gorgeous.

Here is a conversation that i had with DH on the weekend (after I came home, and the stripped bed that I had left before I went out to football had been remade without me asking!): "Can I ask you a question with out you getting upset?" "yes" "now i don't mean anything by this, and its great and everything, but how come all of a sudden you have started doing all this stuff?"

shortly afterwards, while I was shining my sink, that had carried on to the splashback, microwave, and oven, a conversation with my son, who was drying and putting dishes away: "Mum, who's coming over?" "noone, why?" "no offence mum, but you don't usually do this."

I did the 27 fling today - mainly because i was cranky with DH, and needed to get rid of some energy, and consequently cleaned out the ensuite of "stuff"!

LOL Vicky....my DH is much the same, he's wondering what's going on!

Although I've fallen off the wagon already over the weekend. Does anyone else struggle on the weekend when everyone is home??

bec - i've had a house full of people this weekend, from my neice, to my b-i-l - and on saturday night, I went to bed before DH and his brother - I was soooo NOT impressed when I got up in the morning, and my sink - not make that my kitchen! was NOT shining - especially as I hadn't left it that way.

I'm thinking that I will have to train the rest of the house.. and i guess that will come by example.... but like she says...baby steps.

Yep weekends seem to fall aprt at the seams here too... dh just makes too much mess. Have to stop myslef from staying up later than him just to ensure the sink stays shiny!!

lol lorirae - i decided that once i have done it - its done. if i get up the morning and there are few little things about, i have to let it go... I dont want to become obsessive about it. its funny because I am really noticing stuff now - like who really does leave stuff lying around - and now that I'm picking up after myself, the kids do as well - its DH who is the guilty party!!!!!

I was going so well until i had a house full of people too! I need to go back to the beggining and re shine the sink today!

Vivky and Bec- My DH thinks i have lost the plot!!!

I did reasonably well over the weekend - DH was away so it was just me and two kids - make that two sick kids!! So I didn't have a lot of time. But I have to say, Flylady was a huge help. On Saturday night T was screaming in pain with an infected throad (I didn't know he had an infected throat at that stage) and I couldn't get him down until 9:30pm by which time I was exhausted. I nearly left the dishes but then I realised that I had followed the advice to "fill your sink while cooking and wash as you go". So there were only a couple of things left to wash. So I did it and shined my sink and boy was that nice to wake up to in the morning!! Sunday was pretty hectic and it was a huge help to have the kitchen in a good state to begin with.

isnt' it amazing what it can do to your head space - especially when everything else is pretty ordinary! hope you kids are better soon Mantaray. I'm off to the doctor this morning with aston coz he has a horrid cough.

I've kinda been doing my own thing, but the FLY lady has inspired me! I'm still loving my shiny sink and DH laughs at me when I say "Oh no, my sink!" and I rush over to wipe it. I have decluttered our laundry and on Saturday DH took both boys out for 2 hours so I managed to attack their bedrooms! I feel like a new woman!

It's funny how you keep going back and admiring your work LOL! I also love how when our friends visited as a last minute thing yesterday, I didn't freak out about how messy the house was. A quick run around and everything looked great!

astnatlaur - Thanks for your photo comment, as you can tell I was very excited to win! I needed some cheering up .

It is a gorgeous photo Trish! Vicky, I hope your DS is better soon too. My boys are much better now the abs have kicked in!

funny story....

went out last night for dinner and a show with some girl friends... and low and behold I came home and my sink was shiny! I had cooked a casserole for the kids and DH for dinner, and left before they had even eaten... so I was very pleasently surprised to see a shiny sink when I got home at 10.30pm. seems DH has caught the bug too.

Glad your kids are feeling better Mantaray. seems Aston may have asthma

I havent been a very good flylady today, feeling rather ick - (af knocks me on my back for a couple of days) Hopefully I may feel better this afternoon, and have a swish and swipe... have done a load of washing tho... fed the boy, played with him... but are still in my jim jams, and about to go and heat a waterbottle up.... sometimes I just LOVE being a woman NOT!

Big hugs Vicky. I hope you feel better soon. But WOW at your DH. Great stuff.

Well my Kitchen is getting, there decluttered the draws and pantry so far this week.

Can anyone tell me how to get the emails in Australian time?

Hope all the sickies in here are feeling better......

Bummer about the asthma Vicky, i had asthma as a child but have mainly grown out of it, i am afraid DD will get it too. scares me. hope Aston is feeling better.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast