Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bicarb and vinegar. Why did no one tell me this before???

Thumbs up Bicarb and vinegar. Why did no one tell me this before???

OK, so *maybe* MIL has been bombarding me with info on natural cleaning stuff, and *maybe* Ive even seen some on here, but obviously I missed something because not one told me I was supposed to MIX THEM TOGETHER!!!

I have just cleaned my ensuite shower glass in about 1/10th the time it normally takes me the the super toxic stuff AND got a 100% better result than with ANYTHING Ive ever used before.

That cracks me up!

I'm glad you have a clean bathroom!

lol I love to use it to watch the reaction....but I'm a bit of a science nerd

Glad for your discovery though

Oh you've been missing out! That stuff is awesome, I use it everywhere!!!!

I use it for everything too and am just about to make up a big batch with essential oils to use as fabric softener! Our house is almost completely chemical free now (dishwasher tablets Im struggling with!)

Default Bicarb and vinegar. Why did no one tell me this before???

How do you mix it up? I need to do this to clean my iron.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kim~ View Post
    lol I love to use it to watch the reaction....but I'm a bit of a science nerd
    me too! we use to out them into the old film canisters and let it blow the top off

not to hijack your thread Pandora, but I was thinking of making a volcano with DD this week with some bicarb/vinegar/oats/red food dye and a toilet roll tube.....just reminded me

Pandra can you explaint o me how you did it and what the proportions were please

Beema just add enough vinegar to your bicard to make a past to "ajax" type consistency.

It is great stuff huh? I only discovered it a week ago - I love it! One of the great benefits is it seems to rinse out of a sponge really quickly, unlike Jiff or Ajax which is soapy and takes heaps to rinse out...

Beema I'm looking for my natural cleaning book and I'll post the quantities asap for you

interested in the quantities too!!! heheh

Stalking for the quantities too *sneaks off secretly hoping this might solve my cleaning back log*

Oh I use this too! It's awesome, and the uses are many! Anything you can use soap for you can replace it with bicarb and vinegar. I even use bicarb in place of shampoo and apple cider vinegar in place of conditioner. It's the best thing my hair has ever encountered.

There are so many chemicals in our homes that we can live without, it's so easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanstar View Post
    I use it for everything too and am just about to make up a big batch with essential oils to use as fabric softener! Our house is almost completely chemical free now (dishwasher tablets Im struggling with!)
    have you tired ecostore? I'm pretty sure they do a chemical free one?

Quote Originally Posted by isharathena View Post
    I even use bicarb in place of shampoo and apple cider vinegar in place of conditioner. It's the best thing my hair has ever encountered.
    Now thats something I'd like to know more about!! I have really, really oily long thick hair though...

Quote Originally Posted by ~clover~ View Post
    Now thats something I'd like to know more about!! I have really, really oily long thick hair though...
    No problem clover! It works on all hair types. My hair is naturally very thick and wavy, and it worked great, then I got dreadlocks and it works great on them. I've spoken to people of all hair types who said it was great.

The method I was taught is to put a small amount in your palm (you'll learn how much is enough for you personally as you go along) and mix in a few drops of water to make a paste. You really only need to scrub the roots and as you rinse it out it washes the lengths of you hair. Some people dilute the bicarb with a lot of water and use it like a rinse, personally I've felt the paste method is best for me. Obviously make sure you rinse it well so there's no bicarb left in your hair.

Then you dilute a small amount of apple cider vinegar (usually a teaspoon or two, again your own personal experimentation will teach you how much is the right amount) then dilute in about a cup of warm water. Then pour over your hair.

Can't recommend it highly enough! There should be more info around the net on this, it's called the 'no poo' method.

Quote Originally Posted by Liviam View Post
    Beema I'm looking for my natural cleaning book and I'll post the quantities asap for you
    Have you had a chance to find the quantities? Also how do you store it, a jar or screw top container? Thanks so much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast