Thread: Help!!

Question Help!!

My darling DD1 left her lovely fluro pink zinc down with no lid on it & my even more darling DS got into it!

I now have beautiful bright fluro pink patches on the floor in DD1's bedroom. And a house inspection tomorrow...

Please someone help?
    Any ideas on getting zinc out of carpet????

hehe, oh dear!
    I remember once when we were little I got perminent marker on the back of my mums car seat. She used metholated sprits which got it out and didn't alter the colour of the fabric in any way..
    good luck! xx

I'm not too worried about the colour of the carpet, its more the oil in the zinc.
    But, I do also need to get some permanent marker off my bench from DD2, so I'll be using metho for that!!
    Lol, thanks!!

maybe ring the help line for the manufacturer? Or check out their website?

Sorry can't be of any more help.

I know that orange oil gets rid of sticky stuff and wax. Maybe it will work with the oiliness of the zinc??

try a little Eucalyptus Oil and water in a bottle.

or

Bicarb

or

Vinegar

or

nailpolish remover

or

a goo remover product

or

Some other carpet cleaner... orange power??

if the carpet is stained pink, mayb try a little nappisan.

Quote Originally Posted by bjrose View Post
    I'm not too worried about the colour of the carpet, its more the oil in the zinc.
    But, I do also need to get some permanent marker off my bench from DD2, so I'll be using metho for that!!
    Lol, thanks!!
    haha that will def get that off for sure! Metho might help break down the oiliness and evaporate it? Not sure... nappisan sounds promising though.

OR, I don't know if you have seen it but for car apholstry you can get this foaming stuff that you cna spray on with a scrubby thing attached to the lid so you can get it right into the carpet fibres? That might help it!

Poor kid, I remember when I got that texta on mums car seat (a brand spanking new fairlane!) I was mortified. I think I stared at it with my eyes buldging out loony toon style all the way home. hehe

There is a spray (aresol tin) heavy duty spot and stain carpet cleaner in the carpet cleaning isle of the supermarket. It is expensive for a spot cleaner but works like DREAM to remove cat vomit stains for us :-)

Definatley give it a go but be warned, the fumes initially are rather stinky.

Well I googled it, lol, & read to wipe away the excess, then cover with bi carb & leave for an hour.
    After the hour vac the bicarb & wipe up with soap & water.
    Thats how you clean sudocrem & other zinc based nappy creams it reckons, so a good one to keep in mind! I'll let you know tomorrow if it works!!