Thread: help me get my mojo back

Default help me get my mojo back

I need help.

I am totally unmotivated to do ANYTHING at all housework wise I just couldn't be bothered picking up ds toys, washing, hanging, folding, ironing clothes, cleaning of any kind.. I JUST DON'T WANT TO DO IT!!

This is so not me, before ds was born i was a cleaning nazi but now its the last thing i ever want to do, but it has to be done cause i'm the only maid in this house
    I HATE how cluttered my house is, so many toys and crap all over the place, its so unmotivating knowing that after I clean everything it will just be messy again

how do all you SAHM stay motivated?? I need something or someone to kick my A*s back into gear, but who, what, how, when??

help me before I suffocate under this pile of toys

i watched a thing on oprah where if u walk around the house with 3 bags one for charity one for rubbish and one to sort. u take the one with rubbish straight to the bin pop the one for charity in the boot of the car and the one to sort u sit down and sort it. u do this every day for 15 mins ( walking around the house) and within a week u would have thrown out 7 bags rubbish u will hav 7 bags for charity n sorted 7 bags of stuff u may never have got to. its all about doing a little at a time n once u have started u wont wanna stop. the other thing i do is make a to do list for the day and i only ad 3 thingsi wouldnt normally do in a normal day and by the end of the day if ive done those 3 things then im happy

could be things like clean bottom drawer, clean out fridge sort socks etc
    hope that helps

I could have written that word for word (well maybe not the being a cleaning nazi lol)
    shantelle thanks for that might give it a go.

thanks that is a great idea, we are moving soon so its a great way to get rid of things we don't need or use anymore

Tried fly lady? I have trouble continuing on with it, but it is quite inspiring and not too hard to do. Especially if you don't focus on the whole house - just getting one bit nice that you're happy with and moving on from there.