Thread: How do I clean this...?

Default How do I clean this...?

Yesterday I bought a full single bed size real lambskin underlay from the op shop. It is in great condition, and SO HEAVY! It really is terrific.

Just wondering.... how on earth do I clean it? I don't see it fitting into any washing machine, so do I get it dry cleaned? What do you do with enormous pieces of sheep/lambskin? It seems quite clean, but when I put it down from getting it out of the car, pretty dusty. I could vacuum it it get the dust out, but how would I clean it otherwise? With a cloth and wool wash in a bucket and just go over the whole thing?

Its not necessarily going onto the children's beds, maybe across our bed or even the floor in the lounge to lay on.

Does it have a tag on it with washing instructions?

It depends on the underlay as to whether it is machine washable or not. I have never had any problems machine washing my woolen underlays. If it doesn't fit in your machine maybe take it to the laundromat, they often have a bigger machine where you can wash large items like that.

There are services that will wash things like that, maybe ask your local dry cleaner? Could you hand wash it in your bath? It would probably make it really heavy to lift afterwards though! Definitely read the label (if it has one) for the cleaning instructions.

Mm, thanks guys. Unfortunately it doesn't have a care tag (or any tag for that matter), and I don't even have a bath tub in my house. If I did wash it in a bath, I would probably have to get the Man to lift it up for me once wet, it would definitely be too heavy.

I think I will ask the dry cleaners next time I'm down the street. Good idea. Thanks again.