thread: How to get rid of rats/mice?!

Feb 2009

ARGH!

Its 4:30 in the morning. My being awake for once has nothing to do with being pregnant..... I was woken up by a mouse playing with my hair!!!! It was on my bed!

We have everything set up at the moment. Ratsac, snap traps, live traps.. Hadnt caught one yet all night... Anyone got a pet snake? LOL

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jun 2005
    Blue Mountains

OMG!!!

How many do you think there are?

We had one little mouse living in our house for a while.. but it never came in the bedrooms.. just ran around under the lounges & in the kitchen. We finally did a live catch and released it in the bush. He was quite cute LOL. I couldn't bring myself to set traps or poison Nature probably took its course and an owl got it or something - but at least I didn't kill it hahaha.

Oct 2008
    Canning Vale, Perth

Inertia omg grossssss
    i wuda screamed the house down
    i heard our lil fellows screeching this morning but the ratsak said it takes upto a week to take effect and dp is too chicken to go up into the roof and see if theyve eaten the stuff yet!

Oct 2004
    In my Zombie proof fortress.

OMG Intertia - so not good.

Found a mouse in our garbage area this morning. Our house sitters did not double bag their rubbish, so the mice were breaking into it. Amazing what they will eat, I found milk bottle lids that had been chewed threw. Have chucked a Tomcat mouse bait in there to see what happens.

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

we've had both rats and mice in the past but having cats (as much as they bug me at the moment) helps heaps. they tend to keep them at bay - they chase them outside and encourage them away from the house

also, making DH clean out all the CRAP in this house, has helped heaps - almost 30 years of "stuff" was just soooo wrong - everything they MIGHT be attracted to is now in plastic...

Oct 2008
    Canning Vale, Perth

aghhh i can hear them making a nest....i hate having a vent in the wall right behind our couch...trying to watch tv and hear scuffle scuffle munch munch

our house is spotless and im a minimalist so we have next to no furniture, im ruthless with chucking stuff out too....but DPs garage is a disgusting mess with almost a years worth of half finished soft drink cans and food which are stacked up in shopping trolleys and cardboard boxes yuk spider and mouse heaven...i refuse to even go out there now. so i bet thats attracting them and they come thru the garage into the roof or something....i wish this ratsac would hurry up and work

Feb 2009

I am at my wits end with them now. I looked up pest controllers today but DH is worrying about what it will cost. So I told him that I don't care how he does it or how much it costs, he has 8 weeks to get rid of them! That is only because if we have to use actual controllers - I want 2 weeks before baby is due so its not as bad when she gets here.

I honestly do not know how I am going to sleep tonight. It was bad enough they were waking up the kids, but now they are getting THAT brazen that they are climbing on beds, I am thinking we'd be better off setting up the tent in the back yard! So freaked out. My kids! I don't want them on my kids!

Worked out where they all came from at least. There was a big lot with burnt out heritage house on it next to us. It was for sale before we left for QLD. When we got back the grass had been cut, the house on the lot is fenced and they have started working on it. Obviously whatever they did chased a whole bunch of mice our way!

I feel like Tom in a house full of Jerry's.

missymiss Guest

ARGH!

Its 4:30 in the morning. My being awake for once has nothing to do with being pregnant..... I was woken up by a mouse playing with my hair!!!! It was on my bed!

We have everything set up at the moment. Ratsac, snap traps, live traps.. Hadnt caught one yet all night... Anyone got a pet snake? LOL
    Yes! I do have a pet snake but he's not allowed to eat wild rats. I'm serious about the snake poo though.

Nov 2007

Screw Ratsak, it just doesn't work.
    Go and get yourself some Talon, works a treat.
    We have mice AGAIN and we have baited everywhere.
    Also washing floors and surfaces with a mix of peppermint and spearmint oil will keep them at bay cause they hate it.
    Leave some cotton balls dabbed with it around areas they might go in. I'm about to go through the house with them again.
    The other day I was at the kitchen table and I spied one running about my kitchen bench, all over my chopping boards and a tea towel, I didn't know whether to cry or vomit.