thread: I need new pots and pans - recommend me a brand

Oct 2007
    Sunshine Coast

I need new pots and pans - recommend me a brand

Okay...the pots and pans DH and I got when we first moved in together are getting on for 9 years old...we really need new ones.

I want them to be a long term investment...don't know that the budget would stretch to copper bottoms but I want them to be good.

David Jones currently has 40% off Kitchen Aid...are they any good?

Any brand recommendations?

Jul 2007
    Yay Toowoomba!!!!!!

I love my baccarat ones........

Jan 2009
    hiding under my desk!

i second baccarat
    i have also fallen in love with jamie olivers pans....i only have the pancake one atm..
    Last edited by Oorki Galoorki; April 14th, 2009 at 12:04 PM.

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2007

i love scanpan... LOVE them. IMO if you can only afford a few just get a few and build on that later... it is amazing what you can do with a large,asmall/med and a fry pan... and keepacouple of your old ones til you can replace. i am a mad cookandmy scan pans ROCK!

BellyBelly Member
    Add kitten2b on Facebook

Feb 2005
    canberra

I love my Anolon pots and pans, heavy but so easy to clean.

Mar 2007
    on cloud 9.....

I've had my Baccarat one's for about 5 years and they still look brand new ( yes I do cook everyday with them ). I think they were on sale at Myer for about 40% off at the time.

Jul 2008
    Brisbane

We got a 10 piece set of Swiss Diamond pans when we got married. They are quite expensive but they come with a lifetime warrantee and are the most amazing things to use. We absolutely LOVE them! You can check out their website by typing in the name and ending with a ".com"...and no, I don't work for / have shares in the company (haha), I am just a really happy user!!

Jan 2006
    Sydney

We also have baccarat saucepans and love them!! They were a wedding gift 5 years ago and they still look brand new!

Jul 2007
    melb

I have crappy saucepans, but have great quality saute pan and fry pan and roasting dish. They are made by Chefs toolbox and I love them eventually will get some saucepans also from them.

Mar 2004
    Sparta

we've gor baccarat too

Sep 2008

Owww I am off to google baccarat, we desperatly need new P & P too. I thought of looking into Bessemer, everyone who has b/mer seems so happy with it.

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2007

swiss diamond were the others i was thinking of.

Mar 2004
    Sparta

We have teh ones with stainless stell handles - they last much longer than the plastic handled ones.

Dec 2007
    Victoria

I have baccarat ones. Best out I reckon that arent copper lol
    I have the metal handles - they can go in the oven which makes like sooo much easier!

They also have a warranty and guarantee on them.

KitchnAid is overpriced.

Bessemer is great - but it isnt really everyday pots and pans. Their dutch oven though is fab, so are the pans.

Mar 2007
    on cloud 9.....

Same as Brontide, we have the ss handle one's and they are soooo good.

Oct 2007
    Sunshine Coast

Wow all the votes for Baccarat! My best friend has Baccarat too - I've also been consulting via email with some foodie mates.

But...DH has authorised Scanpan

We have a Scanpan roasting tray that is still in great shape and he is biased towards it because it's the only one that has stood the test of time. Mind you it's the only one that gets treated with respect because it cost a fortune to start with.

He was saying replace one pot at a time with a Scanpan, like pregagainpan suggested. But I then put my thinking cap on and Peters of Kensington have Scanpan at awesome prices which makes it within reach. No Baccarat there unfortunately...and DH is saying Scanpan, Scanpan so who am I to argue???

Thank you so much ladies, this has been interesting (and fun...I love homewares).

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

Copper ones if I had a gazillion dollars. With metal handles (for reasons mentioned above) and Le Creuset or Chasseur Dutch ovens of varying sizes...

When you start dreaming about the day you can polish your copper saucepans you know you have a problem.

Mar 2004
    Sparta

Have you looked at victoria's basement?
    They often have great specials

ETA - I can't walk past Le Creuset without fingering it lovingly.....