thread: making labels for food storage

DoubleK Guest

making labels for food storage

i didnt want to hijack the tupperware thread, so i thought i'd start another!

i use the decor containers in my pantry (have bought one big lot, and am waiting for a sale in Kmart to get the next lot!) i want to make labels, but not sure how to go about it!

id prefer to have printed labels, i was thinking maybe typing them up and having them laminated? but i thought they may be too small to laminate? maybe i could use thin cardboard just cover with clear contact? and stick on with flat double-sided tape maybe?

does anyone have any better ideas??

Jul 2007
    melb

Dynamo you can change size of writing and it prints on sticky white paper!!

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

not very technical, but i use white 'quik stik' self adhesive labels you get from officeworks or supermarket and write neatly.

Oct 2006

I use a chinagraph pencil so I can easily change them over, and also use this to label my frozen meals.

If you do want to print, simply take an A4 sheet with all the labels printed on it to officew....s or somewhere like that to get it laminated. Then just use scissors to cut them out. It will only end up costing you a few dollars.

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

just remembered you can sheets of labels/stickers that go through printer. officeworks again!

SugarDust Guest

I use Decore in my pantry too, I use the labels that the sell! they come with a pencil and eraser if it needs changing! I know coles sell them as do kmart!

DoubleK Guest

melanie Kate ive never seen the labels?! here's me trying to figure out how to go about it... when i can just buy them

ill have a look next time i go!