thread: mice in drawers - HELP!

Jun 2007
    Where Chaos is fun and plentiful!!!!

I still vote cat!!! Tell the genral to suck it up and i bet when he sees the cat in action he will be happy!!! The only trick is that you dont know your kitten will turn into a good mouse hunter or not lol!!!

Jan 2010

Four of the little critters down.... 56739924782009247 more to go.

One of the traps up in the roof of the garage must have fallen to the floor when it snapped, the dog was running around the property with a dead rat in it's mouth - and a trap hanging off the rats head! Thankfully, once it snaps it is no danger to the dog. I think my DH has a new favourite pastime - rat catching!

Dec 2007
    Hork-Bajir Valley

Four of the little critters down.... 56739924782009247 more to go.
    That is exactly how it is... *sigh*

Dec 2007
    Hork-Bajir Valley

Lisa!! Thankyou so much, that pepermint oil arrived today =D I really cannot believe it is here already, I'm still waiting on packages that were mailed months ago (even one from last year which i really think isn't coming..) but seriously, I can't believe it is here already.

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Nov 2010

Nickle I really hope you caught that rat.

TT40 - did you try the peppermint oil? Did it work?

We have what seems a never ending mouse group living in the space under the bathtub that joins our bathroom cabinet. They are getting in through the gap for the water pipes. I am totally freaked by mice and to me the only good one is a dead one. We have been trapped about 12 in 3 days but I need a solution without having to rip my bathtub out to remove them.

Seriously between the spiders, ants and now mice I am becoming a clean freak even more than I already was.

Dec 2007
    Hork-Bajir Valley

Re: mice in drawers - HELP!

i did use the pepermint oil and it seemed to work. they are still in our walls and roof (can hear them) but its been a long time since ive seen them or any evidence of them in our living spaces. (please dont let this jinx us)

i still have heaps of oil left (thanks Lisa for sending it to me) did you want me to pass some your way?

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

mice in drawers - HELP!

Bubba T, can you fill the gap somehow? There's this stuff you can get at the hardware store, you squirt it into the hole, and then it expands and hardens.

FWIW, we had a rat issue earlier this year, council sent a pest controller out, who put baits in the roof. The baits are made of a really dry material so they leave the house to get water so they don't stink the house out. As opposed to ratsak where they die on the spot leaving you to clean up. Don't know whether this works for mice as well, but it might be worth finding out what the exterminators do in your area. Also, if there's a plague on, your local council might have some kind of scheme or just handy tips on what works well,

Aug 2009
    in the victorian bush.

mice in drawers - HELP!

I have heard planting mint bushes outside around the house is meant to help. Not sure how true it is.

Nov 2010

TT40- Oh yes please that would be wonderful. I will PM you.

Marydean - I thought of that expandable filler too. I am hesitant to use it though as if something ever happens to the pipes or if I get the spa bath I want it may cause more issues than the mice.

Lisa & Shan - Thanks. I might have to put a few pots of it around.

I have a fernery on the otherside of the bathroom wall (outside). Do you think that would be a factor as it is probably quite warm and damp in thje fernery. The house is on a slab so I have no idea how they got in there in the first place