thread: Spotless, Speed Cleaning etc - worth it?

Oct 2004
    In my Zombie proof fortress.

Spotless, Speed Cleaning etc - worth it?

Just started watching Lush House on the Lifestyle Channel and am enjoying it. So I was wondering was it worth picking up her books Speedcleaning and Spotless. Think she has another one out called Save. Does anyone have them who can comment on them?

Oct 2004

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

I have them, a lot of the stuff is similar to what flylady does but the cleaning recipes and little tricks are definitely worth it if you're not familiar with them.

Jan 2006
    Melbourne

I have checked out both and didn't find them too useful but DID like "Confessions of an Organized Homemaker". I bought it on Amazon for about $35 and it talks more about organising your house so cleaning is easier.

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

OooOoOooo Rory that sounds fun

Oct 2004

I might watch a few more episodes to see if I need the book or not. It is just a matter of trying to remember it all. I do have some older books, one is old fashioned tips and the other is about eco stuff, just not recent. I should see if I can find them and if they cover what I want.

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

I think for those things Astrid its a great source And its definitely handy to keep around, for me its good for a rehash. But I definitely need some more organising ideas.

Jan 2007
    where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I have all of the Lush books (spotless, spotless 2, save, how to be comfy, speed clean - I think that's it). I love them. I don't use them religiously, but I always go to the index if I want to find something out and they've really become my quick reference guide. I have post-it flags in them and dog earred pages where I want to be able to refer quickly to the same page more often.

Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

Jan 2005
    Funky Town, Vic

Spotless is awesome, I'm always referring to it for stain removals.

Speed Cleaning is good too, I'll never follow it to the letter but it's nice to pretend I will!

Oct 2004

Might be worth picking up Spotless, I often want to refer to things and prefer to use a book than the net, otherwise I end up staying on the laptop and get nothing done.

Thanks for all the feedback ladies

Oct 2004

Went out and bought both Spotless books. After watching a few more Lush House episodes I realised that they would be so useful for us. Tried to get Speedcleaning, but could not find a copy. May have to look online as there are not many bookshops here.

Feb 2007
    VICTORIA

I have both but find "speed cleaning" fantastic. Tips from spotless can be found on the net, so probably not worth buying the book...

Oct 2004

I like info in hard copy, don't want to have to fire up the laptop and hope the net connection is working when I need to know how to get out that stain NOW!