Thread: Stains on bibs

Default Stains on bibs

What are your tricks for getting stains out of bibs. A lot of our bibs are starting to get really yukky looking and before I go and buy a heap of new ones I thought I would check to see if anyone had some good stain removal tips. A lot of the stains are from things like bolognaise pasta (so orange stains) and banana (brown/black stain) and then just general stains I have tried soaking them in nappysan but that really did nothing. Any tips ladies??

The Napisan Oxy Action is brilliant have you tried that one? You can soak it or make up a paste and spread it on. The spray is good too.

The pasta stains will come out after a dose of sun.

Thanks Lulu. I will give the oxy action a try, next time I go to the shops I will pick some up.

I keep a bucket in my laundry trough for soaking food stains & use You'll love Coles Sensitive booster & soaker - it has a pink lid. It does wonders for anything cotton. I either soak my bibs in that or just give them a quick spary with Woolworths Select Oxygenated pre-wash stain remover & most stains just come out.

I swear by preen oxy action, the pink spray bottle. Gets everything out!

I had DS white long sleeved tee covered in purple stains from frozen berries out of a trifle at a family bbq. Plus all the other dirt and grime a 2 yr old gets into all up his sleeves and across his front. (What sort of mother send her child out in a long slv white top in the first place??)

I was certain it would be ruined but figured I'd put it through the wash with the spray on it first just in case. Not a mark in sight now, As new again!

Has worked wonders on all our bibs too. Their powder form cleaner you add to the wash or soak in forst is great too. But I like the smell of the spray myself.