Thread: tell me about your kettle

Default tell me about your kettle

i want to get a new stovetop kettle... the one i have cost be 30 bucks and the stupid thing is rusting already, and it can't be good. And I just love stove top kettles...
    So, do you have one?
    How long have you had it for?
    What brand is it?
    What sort of wear and tear is it showing?
    and how much did it cost

Gee I didnt think they still sold them anymore My mum used to use a cheap one but that was many moons ago. have you though to look around at op shops you mights be able to pick up one that has had lots of use and you know it will last. Just a suggestion maybe look around on the net.
    Oh I miss the sound of the whistling kettle. Brings back so many memories

They still sell them

I know Bath has a lovely one, hopefully she'll pop in and tell you which one she has.

i have my eye on an esteele one.. it's a vintage red colour *drool*

Yep, they still make them! I love them... cords around the bench drive me nuts.

I bought an 'antique' flat bottom handle on the top kettle from a country antique shop for about $20 because I couldn't find a kettle with the handle on top to go on my wood stove

Dont live in the house with the wood stove any more so we have a $9.95 cheap electric one after a $80 fancy brushed steel one broke after only a few months.

When we have a power failure we use a very thin aluminum camping kettle set up on a dozen tea candles to boil water in lol