Thread: Is there anyone??

Cool Is there anyone??

Who does their washing and then puts it away straight away?

I'll have 4 massive piles that need putting away, will get on top of it (takes about an hour and half) then promise myself to do it after every wash and not let it get out of control.

But I never, ever do. I'll go a month just grabbing clean clothes from the pile and adding to them after every wash.

So does anyone actually put it away, straight away. And if you do, did you have to train yourself lol or do you just do it?

Help me, I really want to get on top of this!!!

No not me. We tend to live out of washing baskets.

I try, but rarely get it all to the cupboards.

Forever we've been living out of washing baskets, and for the past 2 weeks, I've made it my goal to put the washing away as soon as I get it off the line. So far so good But I must say, it takes sooooo long to do! But I do feel good once it's all done.

I am trying too, I am making the effort to fold it as I take it off the line so that it is easier to pack away straight away, though it isn't making it to drawers or cupboards....though it's not sitting in the baskets as long as it usually does either because I need the baskets to put the fresh washing into, lol! So maybe every 2 days or so I am managing to get 3 baskets of washing washed, folded and packed away not too bad an effort I think when usually the washing either lives in the basket or in the baby's cot (though we will be using that in a few months so I don't knwo where it will go after that!)

I do..I wash nearly every day, so I only have little piles.
    I also don't iron, so that is my incentive to wash, dry and put away straight away as if I leave it in the basket it gets crinkly and DH would have to iron it
    I empty the basket and start straight away, takes me only 15mins or so.

When I bring it in off the line I fold it and put it straight away 99% of the time, actually in six months I have left it once. I can't stand the feeling I end up getting if it is not away. I just feel really disorganised and then end up cranky. So I make sure I do it so that it doesn't have that effect on me.

You need to do what works for you

Sometimes I wonder why we bother having wardrobes and drawers... washing baskets are the way to go here. I usually try to fold straight off the line, though.

I also sort the washing as it gets hung on the line - My stuff, DH's stuff, Sam's stuff, and linen all go in a separate quarter of the clothes line so it's sorted when it comes in. Does make it easier to put away, but I don't often get to it.

BW

I do! I had to train myself because I just had washing everywhere in various stages! I have a rule that I can't do another load of washing until I have dealt with the clean dry stuff. I have to wash just about everyday so this way I can't really put it off lol.
    Though sometimes I'm slack. This week saw DS' birthday & all of us sick at one point or another. So I have dirty washing in the basket, in the machine, on the line, ready to be put away...

I haven't read the whole thread, sorry if I repeat what someone else has said...

Most of the time, yes it gets put away straight away. Although at the moment there is a metre high pile on the change table

when hanging it out I put what I can on coat hangers, which saves space on the line and time later on.

As I take it off the line I fold everything else into the basket. Then when I get it inside it only takes 5 mins to put everything away.

The only time this falls apart is when someone takes the washing in "for me"- in other words because they cant be bothered asking and waiting for me to do it (soo annoying!). Or if I'm rushing to get it in for some reason.

I do too. I fold everything as I take it off the line. I try to take it off in order - my clothes, DH's clothes, DS's clothes, linen cupboard, kitchen, that way when I go inside, I just walk from room to room and put everything away (except DH's clothes which I put on the bed - he can do his own )

I've just always done it this way. & I only have room for one washing basket so it needs to be empty so I can use it for the next load.

ETA: I don't iron anything of DH's or DS's. I have a few things that need ironing & they get dumped on the couch (neatly folded so they don't get too many creases) until I can get the iron out. I can only do that when DS is asleep & there is usually so many other things to do when he's asleep that I normally end up wearing them again semi crinkled.

Me. I fold off the line and hate it when DH just plonks it in baskets. Everyone gets their own folded pile for ease of carrying inside and putting away.

rhyb Guest

never

yeah right!

Yeh, i do. I usually only do washing 1 day a week.. so its in the washing machine, then either in the dryer or on the line and i fold it when i take it out or off.. (usually do it room by room, ie take all DS's clothes off, fold, then DD's then ours).. and then go straight to the rooms and put them away. Secret is to keep on top of it otherwise it turns into a mountain!

I do, if it isn't put away DH can't "find it"

Atm we wash every second day so we don't have a build up of washing, plus nappies, but then it feels like we are always either washing, folding or putting away

I emptied the ironing basket just over a week ago, for me that is a big achievement

This is the story of my life I think I let it get so bad because I find it so flipping boring. When I have to rat through Mt foldmore for clean knickers it's knuckle down time.

No advice just letting you know I hear ya girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by ~Raven~ View Post
    This is the story of my life I think I let it get so bad because I find it so flipping boring. When I have to rat through Mt foldmore for clean knickers it's knuckle down time.

No advice just letting you know I hear ya girlfriend
    Ditto lol I currently have 4 washing baskets of folded clean clothes sitting in my lounge room and a Mt Foldmore hiding behind the lounge of various bits and peices.

And a full laundry basket.

I still dont know how we have so many peices of clothing and manage to wear it all *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by *Beema* View Post
    I do, if it isn't put away DH can't "find it"
    My Dh complains about that exact thing Beema. That he cant figure out which basket belongs to which person. So then he cannot dress anyone