Thread: washing stuffed toys

Default washing stuffed toys

I have two stuffed toys that need cleaning - one is a medium sized dog with shaggy fur that has been weed on, the other a small "Anne Geddes" bunny doll that is no longer white. Can I just chuck them in the machine on a gentle cycle? Both seem to be "good qaulity" toys.

Thats what I do. Sometimes I put them in a pillow case and tie it up fairly tight so they dont go bally.
    Good luck!

could soak the one you want to turn back white in a bucket of water and little bleach. dont leave it too long though,, can go yellow.

The speed cleaning lady has an awesome tip for stuffed toys, involving a black plastic bag some vinegar and some unprocessed wheat bran stuff. Let me know if you want to try that method and I'll find the instructions.

yep we just throw them in on gentle here. We did make sure we had a back up toy of the favourite one before its first wash though, jic it didnt survive but it did lol

I've washed heaps of stuffed toys over the last 6 months. We've been given heaps of them of different sizes and I just threw them in the machine. I did wash them near the end of summer though so they got plenty of time in the heat and in the sun. I have washed some smaller ones during this winter but I dont' think I'd like to wash one that's toooo big and fluffy unless it was a really sunny/dry day.

If you've got a towel rack, the heated one, they are great for drying toys on. Don't use the dryer.

We have to wash our stuffed cat very regularly - it gets well-sucked and smells terrible. Its a brown and white cat but when it is dirty its just a brown cat.

We just toss it in on a gentle cycle, use wool wash, and attempt to leave it in the sun for at least a full day to dry but it always seems to be required back inside before then

In a place where Love is what we breathe!

great tip Jakabella! thanx!

According to my Dad, mine just had a bath with me every now and then.

smiles4u Guest

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Roryrory View Post
    I have two stuffed toys that need cleaning - one is a medium sized dog with shaggy fur that has been weed on, the other a small "Anne Geddes" bunny doll that is no longer white. Can I just chuck them in the machine on a gentle cycle? Both seem to be "good qaulity" toys.
    that's what i do too but if i can fit a toy in a linen zipped bag yep then throw it on a gentle cycle (cold or warm water) with laundry detergent and heap of disinfectant ... then dry on a clothes horse/rack in front of the heater (not close) turning the toy upside and around to even the drying every once in awhile for at least 3 to 5 days (yes i have fear of mould growing inside that i can't see, lol )

Can you turn your wash onto gentle cycle?