Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #8

Hey Gargy, I am so excited for you...go round one!!!!!
    I am sure things will work out this week you have done all you can possibly do to this point.

Paige hasn't been outside today, but she isn't keen on the pedals on her new bike (they don't go as fast as feet on the ground apparently)

I have customised the coloure of my public profile it is now purple and yellow, although I have just re-edited with a slightly less vibrant shade of yellow it was a little in your face before me thinks (I was just bored last night really)

rennovations are slowing we have ceilings to paint and I keep going over in my mind...should I ? or shouldn't I ? (I know I shouldn't be climbing a ladder especially when nobody but Paige is here with me, so I am thinking i will leave it for DH when he gets home on Wednesday night.
    the rest of the building will probably start next week (late next week I hope)

How are all of our DC lovelies we have been a tad quiet in here of late, hope we are all still cruising along quite happily?????

Oh dear oh deary me....

Watching 'Private practice' - it's my indulgence - watch it if it's on...generally not very serious etc...

Anyway - guess what the subject is tonight?

Yep, you guessed it - azoospermia!

And, miraculously, the husband can decide in 2 seconds to use donor sperm.

Yeah right!

ETA: oh, and now they are using the BIL - cause he instantly agreed - this is getting better and better!

Oh, ok, reality check has kicked in - they want to do a biopsy!

(hopefully this is not offending - I just can't get over how my life - and probably all our lives - have been reduced to a mainstream plotline!!)
    Last edited by Caramello; September 28th, 2008 at 10:54 PM. Reason: ETA

see where you are coming from Gargy......guess they have to fit it in to the time slot some how
    been in live chat for a while but bubbas causing havock using my insides as a jumping castle, off to lie down me thinks....night hon..will have to catch up soon

everyone

Gargy - not much news here.. just plodding along - met my midwife - 19 years experience, dry sense of humour, same belief system as me, so I feel really comfortable with her.

Blizz - naughty naughty even thinking about climbing a ladder - although I too would be keen to finish the painting - going to spend this weekend painting!!

have had a productive evening, finally figured out my MIL's sewing machine (I inherited it) and have made 5 polar fleece tri-pillow covers 1 for Paige, 1 for Angus and 2 for sheppydog and one spare long story made short, Sheppy has taken over Paiges tri-pillow but Paige isn't ready to relinquish it even to her most adored puppy dog and no way is Angus getting it apparrently so now ALL of the children have their OWN tri-pillows.
    my next job will be to make Angus his own taggie blankets as again I really don't see Paige giving up any of hers (she takes the three that I've made her to bed every night)

Had a bizzare day today it was the first day Paige went to daycare and I didn't.....I was more than a little lost I went shopping (well mostly I went waddling) and made it to 2:45 before I thought.....nope that's enough....I'll go and get her now!!!!...how pathetic is that?
    Did end up running in to a friend and we had lunch which was nice.

Hi Everyone

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while!! Things are going well with me! We are nearing the end of the TWW... blood test is on Friday! We are looking forward to finding out either way!! You can get yourself into quite a 'tizzy' thinking if your pregnant or not and if you have the symptoms!! and if you do have the symptoms it can be the Pregnal injections anyway!! We are thinking positive & hoping for that BFP!!!

Sorry cant stay long but will let you all know how Friday goes for good news!!!

Blizz,

Making pillows sounds like an enterprising day! Can understand feeling lost taking Paige to daycare and being at home. Glad you got to go shopping though!

Yay - good to hear from you Joy!

Glad things are going ok...

oh Joy, good luck my sweets, I'll be thinking of you on Fri (have you given in to POAS yet????????) let us know how you get on ooooohhhh the TWW is just the hardest isn't it?????

Well I have been playing domestic godess today (don't worry Gargy and Tarkine I didn't over do it and definately no painting or ladder climbing involved)
    have done a zilion loads of washing out in my temporary laundry in the covered area on the deck (bless DH) I have vacummed and started to tidy, then I baby sat my nephews for a couple of hours and they ran amuck with Paige through the house and on the deck so I have just finished re-cleaning the lounge room and Paige's bedroom and have snuck in here for a quick quiet moment while Paige is watching Playschool.

I have worked fairly solidly and there is still sooooooooooo much left to do.

we have our local show on Friday so our happy little family will be attending this to see the baby animals and trying to persuade Paige that she isn't big enough for some of the rides in side show alley and to spend a zillion dollars on dodgy battered savs and show bags that break the minute you open them.....can't wait should be fun, my work friend who is also PG is coming with us with her niece (and Paiges best friend) so at least we can waddle around together except that this is her first and she doesn't seem to be waddling anywhere near as much as me....

well no other news DH is home tonight so i may not be around alot for the next few nights as we will be madly trying to get our laundry ready for the cupboard skins to be built in on Thursday.....aaaarrggghhhhh!!!!!...that's tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
    oh well must go and cook tea take care all
    Allie xxxxxxxx

Wow blizz.. your making me tired just reading what your up to..

Joy - fingers crossed for you hun!!

Well I'd like to say that things have gone back to normal, but things are still really tough for DH - trying to finalise FIL's estate and deal with all the issues that come from when someone chooses to end their own life. Unfortunately he had a business, so there are the constant phone calls from creditors of the business wanting to know where their money is. Sometimes it would be nice if the world would stop spinning long enough to enable grieving to occur and people to catch their breath.

Take care everyone - will pop in when I can - all of my energy is going into supporting DH through this difficult time.

Tarkine, what a challenging time for you both it is hard to deal with estate matters normally let alone under stressful situations, I am thinking of you and hope that things will sort themselves out quickly for you
    Allie xxxxxxx

Blizz,

Re the ladder: good, because otherwise Tarkine and I will send the big hairy yowie bunyip to come and sort you out!

I agree with Tarkine - what a busy day!

Tarkine,

I couldn't even imagine what you and DH are going through. I hope you are both given time to grieve. All my blessings to you.

Hi Ladies

Blizz - I caved today and just did a pregnancy test! I was going to try and not do it but something just took over me and I HAD to do it!!! It came up with a faint positive sign. I am trying not to get my hopes up though... do you think the Pregnyl could still be in my system? I had my last shot of Pregnyl on Monday. We have our blood test tomorrow so I said to DH lets do another test tomorrow morning before we go. I am back at work now so want to try prepare myself for the results as best I can! If it is negative dont want to get upset at work - will save that for when we get home!!
    You have been a very busy bee blizz! Make sure you dont overdo things!!

Tarkine - My thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Thinking of you

Gargy - How are things going? Is day 21 nearly here?

ooooooooohhhhhh honey, it sounds promising, I am not sure about the pregnyl but I will definately be keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed for you my sweet, good luck....I am sooooooo excited for you....It is so hard doing the waiting I'll check on you tomorrow to see how you get on.....

need to go and clean the fridge now.....NO I am not nesting!!!!!!! it is just disgusting and we have brought $80 worth of fruit and vegies this morning that I can't find a home for so now i am off to make them a home...wish me luck!!!!

Hi Joy,

Hope the faint lines come through and you get a big fat BFP!!

Just playing the waiting game at the moment - when I had the last blood test they told me that I was "still surging" ie I hadn't ovulated yet, so I am having another blood test on Monday (at 7.30 am on a public holiday )

So happy - the wall is fixed, the window is fixed and for a cheaper price than quoted. Mum and Dad did an excellent job helping me in the garage while my Nan minded my dog so he didn't escape. We had a nice lunch together too. Both the dog and cat had a marvellous time inspecting everything and both of them are crashed out on the lounge.

Just summoning up the energy to take the cardboard to the tip for recycling...

Hi all, Sorry I dropped out there for a while - I still check in EVERY day to follow your heartfelt posts, but haven't felt up to posting myself.

Joy08 - everything crossed for you today
    gargy - sending positive vibes for a massive surge this weekend
    blizz - you are SO nesting - pillows, fridge, stocking up on groceries...
    tarkine - much strength to you and DH, you've got a lot on your plate. My DH also lost his father last year, they had a very bad relationship so that itself brought up a lot of unresolved feelings. And now being faced with not being able to conceive naturally, DH is having to revisit a lot of these issues. Not saying it's the same, but when it all happens at once it's a lot to deal with.

I wish i had seen Private Pratice this week though..it's important to be able to laugh about all this. It's been a very weird week for DH and me. He had to produce another sample this week but this time 'perform' at the hospital instead of doing it at home and then delivering it. After which he was very down, he actually said he felt 'humiliated'. Very upsetting for us both, because you don't see the point in still having to continue doing this after you've been told there's nothing there, and all the results are looking pretty bad. BUT, the nurse rang that same afternoon to tell us they found ONE sperm. And they've put it on ice! We're in a state of shock, we don't know what this means. Is it good news? does it mean if there's one there's two? is it in any kind of condition to be able to fertilise an egg? we dont want to get our hopes up, because it's so easy to come crashing down again, but how is it possible that they've found a single sperm when all the results say there shouldn't be anything. We're trying to get onto our FS for some answers.

wow Lieve,
    even finding one sperm has got to be better than finding none at least it gives you a bit more hope heading in to any further more invasive tests.
    We knew that DH would have NO sperm as the condition that he had basically meant he hadn't developed at all in that area.

I am not going to kid you you are at the beginning of a very difficult challenge
    unfortunately it takes a little while to get through the grieving process if you are indeed sterile, I have said before that the counsellor we saw equates the level of impact from this as being up their with loosing a child.

You have a lot of discussion to have and decisions to make,
    what DH is feeling seems like the normal reaction that most of us have experienced with our partners be prepared for some degree of depression or DH going in to himself. Mine tried to tell me to leave him instead we got in to a counsellor and to be honest I think he didn't really come around to the idea until we saw our FS who was amazing and explained about the whole process and something clicked with DH and I think the whole journey took 6 months from diagnosis to starting assisted conception using IUI with donor sperm.

we are all thinking of you and holding your hands as you embark on this process.
    I have absolutely NO regrets about taking this path in life I honestly couldn't see myself just giving up and saying 'well that's it then!!!!" and I have an absolutely amazing daughter who I love more intensely than I have loved anything in my life and another precious life about to join us in a matter of weeks and I honestly wouldn't change a thing, we are so much stronger as a couple and a family as a result of our experience to date.

I hope and pray that all of you in this thread find some of this happiness in you very near futures

you have all helped me from loosing my head and being able to talk about issues that I don't feel other people in my world can understand....who can understand properly unless they have walked in your shoes, I have met some amazing ladies who are walking my path though we may all be at different parts of the same path
    thankyou to all of you for the support I get from this amazing thread
    I love you guys.........allie xxxxxxxx

Thanks Blizz, you're spot on about what your counsellor said about the grieving and it being up there with losing someone. We've been grieving solidly for the last 3 months ever since we found out, and I've never experienced anything quite like it. I used to think 'rollercoaster' was such a cliched term, but actually, there's no other way of describing it - oh, apart from of course the 7 steps of grief!!!! And in no particular order!

I loved what you said about your intense love for daughter and your experience. Brought tears and smiles all at once. Emotionally, I've very highly charged these days that the tiniest thing sets me off! But what I want to say is hearing positive outcomes like yours does give it perspective, and stokes the fire to keep on going.

Joy honey.......are you out there?......not meaning to push but....hey dying to know!!!!!!!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast