Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #8

BLIZZ - I just saw your photos of Angus - he's absolutely precious, and so perfect! CONGRATULATIONS That's fantastic news.

Gargy - it's Friday morning and I'm thinking of you and sending you positive vibes for the collection of lots of excellent eggies.

I started the OCP this week, so am waiting to find out what my schedule looks like for the coming weeks. I travel a bit for work, so need to make sure I'm in Melbourne when I need to be - work can just take a back seat for a while!! Am very excited - at the moment it feels like a new adventure (am sure the novelty will wear off soon enough), but finally something is happening. DH is still needing to make weekly deposits, sometimes with success, sometimes without - but I'm hopeful we'll get there in the end.

Joy08 - I know what you mean about AF and now that you want it to arrive, it doesn't! I was like that all last week with every slight twinge sending me off to the bathroom with baited breath.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Today's the day Gargy!!!!....Thinking of you will check later to see how you got on, I send you all the best wishes I can muster

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your well wishes!

EPU went ahead today at 8am - I've written about it in detail in the blog.

However - the important information:

They collected 12 eggs, all of which were immature.

After watching the eggs as I recovered, 3 looked like they were able to be injected with sperm almost immediately.

Another 5 looked like they may grow during the afternoon.

4 unfortunately looked like they were not going to progress from this point.

So that we get a reasonable number of embies from this - we hear tomorrow (my fear is that none of them will be good enough.)

Gargy - hoping those little embies do their stuff over the weekend..it's nerve wracking I know..Goodluck..

oh hon sounds promising, I'll keep everything crossed for you and will check again soon, have gone down in a screaming heap this arvo not sure if it is the flue or mastitis I am hedging myu bets on mastitis have just got back from the dr's with some antibiotics and have taken some panadol it's amazing how quickly I went from feeling OK to having excritiating pain in my breast and having the shakes and hots and colds, feeling heaps better already with the panadol but hoping Angus will let me have a good night and an early night so I am going to sign off now, night all

Good Luck with it all Gargy!!! I hoep there's some for the freezer too! ;-)

Not good news.

Only one has survived - and will only survive to a 3 day blast.

Going back in on Monday.

DH and I are shattered - he wrote earlier about it.

I'll come back again when I'm more positive - at the moment I just am finding it very hard to hope.

Apologies hun, I just read... But dont give up the positive thinking!!!!

I'm here if you need me, don't give up hope it only takes one, sending some strong, healthy growing vibes to your little blastie

Gargy I'm here for you too Gargy c'mon little embie

Gargy, don't worry about finding it hard to hope, hopefully our 'collective' hope here for you will help.

Hi Everyone

Gargy - I hope you are feeling ok... I am sending lots of positive vibes so your little embie sticks!! Thinking of you.....

Well AF finally showed up last Friday... Yay!! So I started Gonal F on Sunday and will have this till about day 12 of cycle... then trigger and 5-7 days after will have the transfer. Seems to be a bit nicer on the body than a full blown IVF cycle.

How is everyone else travelling?

Default Hi

Hi ladies... some of you may remember me from last year, some may not!! For those that were around then.. my apologies for disappearing from the forum, without even saying goodbye... but my head was all over the place, and the rollercoaster ride we were on was getting a little too much for me, so I decided to put it in the sand for a year!! (I have however popped by every now and then to see where everyone is up to in their journey... you're up to general chatter 8 now... so alot has happened!!)

As a refresher, we first found out my DH had azoospermia in November last year after TTC for a year - he had the PESA/TESA in December (with no sperm found) - we spent Christmas under a dark cloud - January thinking about using DS - February, we decided that we weren't mentally ready to give up, so we committed to 8 months of healthy lifestyles (no wine!!), acupuncture and all the chinese herbs you could imagine, in readiness for DH's biopsy in October. Although we were hoping for a miracle with his biopsy, it didn't happen for us.

So... over the last month, we have been trying to decide where to from here for us... which has bought be back here to you... we have decided to go ahead with donor... we have actually been speaking with DH's brother (and his wife) about the possibility of him being our donor (which is the nicest news we have received in 12 months). We've both been researching, reading and speaking to anyone we can about it all - but the one thing we can't find is information for their family - that is, for them and their 2 children - there is lots for us as the recipient, but not for them as the donor. Does anyone know of anything/anywhere/anyone we can speak to?

I hope everyone is well and I will spend tomorrow reading the rest of the thread, to catch up on the news.

Millie
    x

New thread time!
    Last edited by Caramello; November 13th, 2008 at 09:14 PM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617