Thread: may need sperm donor

Default may need sperm donor

my DH is being a bit of a pain lately and we may have to look at doing sperm donor as he does not want to do IVF again.

you see he had a vas 12 weeks aft our last baby was born and i ( who had 3 boys under 4 years old and was sick also ) stupidly agreed.

well since then for about 1 year i wanted another baby, felt someone missing in our lives. finally talked to DH and a few month later we did the whole IVF/ICSI thing. basically got 7 embies, 6 BFN and one did not survive thaw.

now DH is saying no, not touching me, either we do adoption or donor, he also does not want me to do IVF again as i was a bit emotional every time i got a BFN.

so basically i do not know anyone and havn't chatted to FS yet about it but want to get any feed back on using a sperm donor, doing a natural cycle, as i have a very regular cycle and very fertile.

if you could share some thoughts that'd be great. thanks for listening.

I just wanted to say good luck and I hope that you get the much wanted bub soon. Hugs darl.

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    so basically i do not know anyone and havn't chatted to FS yet about it but want to get any feed back on using a sperm donor, doing a natural cycle, as i have a very regular cycle and very fertile.
    Hi JBM,

I am a donor.

Since you are quite fertile then suggest to your FS that you want to do IUI with a natural cycle (as you have proposed). If the FS does not agree with you then maybe talk to another FS.

Good luck.

i have heard australia has really long waiting periods for donors, was thinking i'll offer to do a egg donor if i can get some spermies, maybe an option.

thanks for support

Sounds like a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by SD2001 View Post
    Hi JBM,

I am a donor.

Since you are quite fertile then suggest to your FS that you want to do IUI with a natural cycle (as you have proposed). If the FS does not agree with you then maybe talk to another FS.

Good luck.
    Thank God for angels like you. We are on our way thanks to a special angel who is donating sperm to help us start a family. Australia has a shortage of sperm in some states but not others. In our state of NSW it is a 12month to 18month wait. I am already turning 36yrs old this year and my clock is ticking.

Its angels like you that we thank deeply.

bye for now
    Redlady