Thread: eBay Changes being stalled!!

Talking eBay Changes being stalled!!

i just this got a email from ebay..

Changes to eBay.com.au scheduled for 15 July are being postponed until the review process with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) regarding its recent draft notice is complete. As previously announced, eBay.com.au is continuing to work with the ACCC to achieve an outcome that benefits buyers and sellers.

Changes that came into effect on 21 May 2008, requiring all sellers to offer PayPal, will remain. These changes mean that all buyers have the option of choosing PayPal, the safer payment method for shopping on eBay.com.au. Payment methods that are currently permitted will continue to be allowed on eBay.com.au until further notice.

Other recently introduced safety measures, such as PayPal Seller Protection and increased PayPal Buyer Protection (now up to $20,000) will also remain.

eBay regrets any ongoing uncertainty that this further delay may cause and will advise you of any future plans for implementation following the ACCC process.

As always, eBay appreciates the feedback received from the Community and will use this input to consider where we can make improvements that benefit both buyers and sellers.

eBay remains committed to improving safety and we will continue to look for ways to improve the shopping experience for buyers which will subsequently benefit both sellers and eBay.

Please note that some of our onsite communications may still refer to changes taking place on 15 July 2008. These communications are in the process of being updated.

Regards
    The eBay Team
    It seems they are having alot of trouble with bringing in their changes to Pay Pal only!!!!

Keep kicking up a stink people!!! yay

smiles4u Guest

Wink

... I for one have moved to OZtion to sell ...

OZtion have NO selling fees & take LESS % of a valuation fee than Ebay

Also if your item 'doesn't' sell OZtion charge you absolutely NOTHING , unlike Ebay who stab you for a fee everywhere they can !!

... And on OZtion you can put up to ' 3 ' photo's of your item/s for FREE, whereas Ebay charge you for the 2nd &/or 3rd photo's.

To end a sale early on OZtion you are not charged either !!

OZtion accept "ALL" payment methods, not just PayPal

... YEP, makes you think doesn't it, mmmm

I think if ebay continue with the paypal only thing it will be the end of them eventually.
    Did anyone else get a letter saying they get $10 off their next purchase if they pay with paypal from ebay??

I for one wasn`t willing to sign up for pay pal,i prefer to do bank deposit or cod,hope they leave thing the way it was.

Quote Originally Posted by smiles4u View Post
    ... I for one have moved to OZtion to sell ...

OZtion have NO selling fees & take LESS % of a valuation fee than Ebay

Also if your item 'doesn't' sell OZtion charge you absolutely NOTHING , unlike Ebay who stab you for a fee everywhere they can !!

... And on OZtion you can put up to ' 3 ' photo's of your item/s for FREE, whereas Ebay charge you for the 2nd &/or 3rd photo's.

To end a sale early on OZtion you are not charged either !!

OZtion accept "ALL" payment methods, not just PayPal

... YEP, makes you think doesn't it, mmmm
    Woo i didn't know that.. i was thinking of selling putting a couple things up tonight for sale.. but wasn't sure of thier fees..

smiles4u Guest

Exclamation

AUSSIENIC ... only down fall in selling on OZtion is that there isn't alot of people looking on OZtion, so your items will most likely take much longer to sell

MRSMAC ... my friend here in Ballarat got one ... and strangely I didn't, even though I have paid with PayPal at some point on Ebay

We used both at one point but Oztion was useless and much preferred to may fees for eBay and selel items then to let them sit on Oztion not selling.

PayPal is a wrought!

Good News girls!!!

it apperently illegal for pay pal only!!! the ACCC is black ballin it