Thread: Ebay to up fees!! and no more Negative feedback

*Nessa* Guest

Exclamation Ebay to up fees!! and no more Negative feedback

Ebay to up fees

changes to feed back

Just thought some of you maybe interested in this.

I think its a joke. as if they cant say they arent making enough money

how are we meant to know a dodgy seller???

oh not good. i like the quick reference a neg feedback provides.
    And how about those of us who have worked hard to ratain 100% positives.... not fair!

It's only sellers that can't leave feedback - buyers still can.
    They say it's because buyers are sick of getting retaliatory feedback from bad sellers. You could still leave nasty comments though if you left them with a +.
    AFAIK they are reducing the insertion fee and giving free gallery as a sweetener for the increased final sale fee.
    A lot of sellers in the US are going on strike in Febuary

argh!! that irks me!! i make a livign off ebay and value the ability to leave negative!! especially f they leave it for me!!!

whens the strike! i want in!!
    more fees means less money for ma and my boy!! but does it mean that when i do my taxes get more back ?!?!?!? hmm will have to chat to my accountant!

Quote Originally Posted by LisaBear View Post
    argh!! that irks me!! i make a livign off ebay and value the ability to leave negative!! especially f they leave it for me!!!
    Lisa, that's why they're changing it. Most buyers find it really frustrating that if they uphold their part of the deal which is to bid and then pay quickly that if they have a bad experience and get a dodgy item and leave negative feedback that they get it in return even if they didn't deserve it.
    I have a policy of never bidding for any item if the seller says that they will leave you negative feedback if you leave them negative feedback or that they will leave positive feedback after you do the same for them etc.
    You can still respond to any feedback left for you.

Last edited by River; February 18th, 2008 at 01:41 PM.

Lisa, the ebay strike is february 18th -25th.

I won't bother selling on ebay any more. For all the trouble and cost of listing something that mightn't sell anyway I may as well give it to charity.
    I think that a basic listing should be free and you should only have to pay a percentage of the final value.

I agree with you there Chloe, why do they need listing fees as well as final sale fees when you do a basic listing???

DoubleK Guest

i agree Chloe

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

This recently happened to me and I appreciate that the seller can't leave retaliatory feedback anymore. I bought a t-shirt for a chrissy present in early Nov, paid immediately after winning, then failed to hear from the seller for over 3 weeks. I sent many emails before finally putting a dispute in. The very day after the dispute is lodged, the seller emails me saying he sent it weeks ago and I should have received it by now. I ask for a shipping date, which he doesn't reply to, and then I get the T-shirt 5 days later postmarked the day AFTER the dispute was lodged. I leave him neutral feedback and he retaliates by not only leaving me negative feedback but sends me an abusive email saying he is thinking of suing me for libel (WTF?). I point out that everything I said in my feedback was true and I have emails and the postmarked package to prove it. He never replied to me, and ebay would not assist me in resolving the negative feedback he left me. A black mark on my record because the seller was dodgy as all hell.

So now I don't use ebay anymore.

Sushee, you can reply to feedback left for you.
    If you click on your feedback score then look at the bottom of the page there is a link that says
    Reply to Feedback received. Click on that then reply to the relevant feedback and feel free to let rip

It is such a shame that a small group of sellers make them reassess their rules. As a seller, I value the ability to leave a neg if I get stung by a poor payer (I think in 3 yrs I have left 2 negs - both for non payment and no corro and both of those negs are no longer ebay members), and I value being able to see my buyers other feedback from sellers. In saying that though, I am very diligent with communication, and postage, and have never received a negative. Customer service is very important to me, coming from a past retail background.
    But you are right, there are sellers i have bought from that I found quite hard to deal with due to lack of communication.
    ETA - agree on the fees... basic listing should be free, pay for extras. Final valuation fee is sufficient.

Matryoshka Guest

So is there no way to warn of a non-paying bidder/winner now??

I have sold only a few things on ebay in 2 years - maybe 15 items and i have had THREE non-payers! its a huge hassle going through the dispute process and it has always made me feel better in the end when i can warn others that this person was a non-paying bidder.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Thanks Chloe. Still doesn't take the feedback away but did make me feel better. I'm still pretty much done with Ebay though. Had a few bad experiences with it and that's enough for me to pack it in now.

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    I totally agree Chloe! I refuse to buy from any seller who leaves retalitory feedback - and I'm just so glad that eBay are fixing up this error. Sellers might now have to start pulling their heads in and treating buyers with some respect. No overcharging for postage or lengthy delays in post, no unreturned emails or snide remarks when a buyer has done the right thing and paid for their item.
    Totally agree, had one very snide remark with a positive all due the fact I contacted and paid on the 3rd day after the auction, rather than on day 1 (as I normally do). Her listing stated that I had 3 days to contact her (not pay, just contact) and she emailed me on the 3rd day wondering where her money was, this was 20 minutes after I had done the transfer and contacted her via ebay to tell her such. Some sellers make it such a painful experience.

smiles4u Guest

Wink

DACHLOSTAR ... I have been feeling that exact same way as you lately !!

... I just haven't been selling much of my items lately on eBay BUT instead taking it to the OP shop.

The few dollars & massive effort I go through to sell items on eBay just isn't worth it

I seem to get a nice & lovely satisfaction NOW out of taking them to the Charity shops/Bins !!

... Though I have heard OZtion is a great site to sell on - I mean inregards to their FEES, no so much the amount of people bidding

Ebay is definitely not as good as it used to be unfortunately. I think it's silly that they are changing the way feedback is done, especially seeing they are removing the negative feedback? Before I buy from someone I always read the comments other people have left first, before purchasing anything from the seller (I mean, sometimes people leave negative feedback for petty little things, and you just disregard that)...