Thread: Ebay wanting fees from us....but we never sold the item !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Ebay wanting fees from us....but we never sold the item !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH listed an expensive bike part a couple of weeks ago. He put it on for $10k buy it now. Within days we got a email to say someone in France had bought the item. An email was sent to my DH from the buyer (all in French !!) to send it to his address, and when he receives it, he would then send a cheque to us .obviously a scammer, DH reported it (via email) to ebay straight away...never heard anything.
    Today, we've received our monthly bill from ebay and we now owe them $238 or something for selling the item @ $10k !!!! BUT WE NEVER SOLD IT !!!! Infact, my DH re-listed it once we realised it was a scammer, and it still didnt sell.
    I hate how you cant call ebay people....they say moneys going to be taken out of our account within next 10 days...how do i stop this ??????????????????..!!! WE NEVER SOLD IT !!!!!!

How annoying for you! Not sure what you can do, but I had a problem once and used the live online chat help which was really good. You can get to it by clicking on the Contact Us link. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

I hope you can get it sorted out x

Thanks....might try that....

Thats horrible..

If you have had ebay take money out of your account before, they leave a track number and you can contact your bank and they can block it.. Normally takes 24-48 hours for it to work..

Its been a while since I worked in a bank but I think it was called Direct Debit Stop.. Shouldnt cost you anything..

Thats the only thing I can think of from a banking side..

Good luck...

id say that the fee is more then likely the fee for placing the bike/part up for auction, finishing the transaction and not going through disputes with ebay. If you go via disputes you wouldnt have had to have paid but seeing your DH placed the item back up forsale instead of waiting ebay then thinks that the transaction is complete and that its a second same item...KWIM.

I would defently be contacting them and telling them about the transaction....but again i really think that the $$$ fee is the initial fee for placing the item up for sale in the first place not for selling the item

good luck

We had the same problem, it's because the item is relisted. They charge I think 10% of your selling price

Ebay charge like a wounded bull.

Go to make a new listing for sale for buy it now $10k and watch what the fees will be, it'll tell you. Just hit cancel instead of submit at the end.

You pay once to list and AGAIN when you sell. I've got a bunch of stuff listed on Oztion these days, its cheaper if you're not in a hurry.

How annoying! I agree with Maz, it's most likely eBay think you sold the item. They won't know you didn't until you put in a dispute. Definitely chat with Live Help, but try put in an unpaid dispute for the first transaction. Hopefully you can sort it all out!