Thread: Has anyone bought a mystery box on eBay?

Default Has anyone bought a mystery box on eBay?

I have!! I bought a box of butterflies the other day!! This should cover everything that I need for our little princess' butterfly bedroom that we're setting up over January / February. I'm really excited because the things in the ladies shop are awesome so there should be some great stuff in it.

So if you've bought one, was it worth it? Did you feel you got your money's worth? I'll let you know when mine arrives what I think....

WOIT?!

I've never been game to LOL. I'm worried that I'll get ripped off. If I did though, it would be a tupperware one, but they always go for too many $$.

It's basically you bid on the box & the seller (usually a shop) puts whatever in it to that value. Usually they do bonus items at say $5, $10 etc bids so you end up with more things than what you're paying for. Some will list what they're adding as they go, others will just give you a surprise in the mail worth however much you got it for.

Sherie, I'm going to be really anal about it & go through the shop & make sure what I get is definitely worth the money I paid

how do you find them on ebay? what do you search for?

Sounds cool Sarah, let us know how it goes!

I don't think I'd rule it out (though I'd be a bit nervous) - I'd just very carefully read the description, to make sure they've stated that they'll meet a certain value - so if they ripped me off I could report them, and quote their description to provide value equivalent to what I paid.

Those Tupperware ones do look good don't they Sherie!

I was just looking for the butterfly things & came across it on this lady's shop. All of her things look really nice so I thought why not....

It arrived yesterday afternoon & it's definitely worth more than I paid for it. I'd say she's put in about $8 worth of things more than I paid, plus she did free postage so I'm happy

Sarah, I did it when I first started scrapbooking.........I was so nervous, but the lady had great feedback, so I have it a shot......it was well worth it!

Glad yoou have now got a great stash of butterflies!