Thread: what sort of payapl account do you have personal or premier

Question what sort of payapl account do you have personal or premier

what sort of payapl account do you have personal or premier and can you tell what the heck is the difference do i have to pay to have premier and if so how much i got a pop up saying upgrade if you think you'll get more then 6 transactions in a year WT i'm all a bit confused helllpppppp

Hi Shazz, are you an online seller (i.e on eBay or similar)? A premier or business account is offered for people who transact regularly and need to accept credit card payments. If you use Paypal mainly to buy things with then you will only need a personal account.

HTH

thanks trish i do sell quite regularly on ebay do you know what it cost to have a premier acct is it free like the personal one if not how does it work

I'm pretty sure the upgrade to a Premier account is free (I didn't pay anything). What changes is the fees you pay with payments sent to you. You will pay lower fees with a Premier account than with a Personal account when someone pays by credit card (around 1.1% compared to 3.4% with a personal account). But instead, you pay fees for PayPal instant bank transfer and echeques with a premier/business account, whereas you don't pay any fees for those with a personal account. I find most people pay with credit card anyway so for me it is better value to have a Premier account. I hope this is making sense!

If you want to check out all the fees, etc (don't take my word as gospel lol!), then go to PayPal and type "premier account" into the Search box and it will give you more info, also there is a link at the bottom of all PayPal pages that says "Fees", this will give you the exact fees. HTH

thanks so much for your help