Thread: Book costume? Help!!

Default Book costume? Help!!

Yasin has a dress up day at school next week where he has to dress as a character from a book.
    I have absolutely no ideas so I would really appreciate some help.

Nothing complex, expensive or uncomfortable please

My DS has his next Friday..he wants to go as Bert from Mary Poppins. The Chimney sweep costume. So I have found a broom at Lombards, will make up a scarf and he can wear dark clothes and DH has a chimney sweep looking hat. I'll dirty his face up to somehow

Last year he went as a tiger...we just bought ears, nose and tail on Ebay, it's great. The boys still like to put the tail on. Plenty of tiger characters in books.

Got any pirate gear? He could go as Captain Hook or some other pirate character.

The Mad Hatter?
    Relatively easy, and you could find most of it at the Op Shop or dad's wardrobe...

Woops! Wrong character!

peter pan or captain hook?

What are his favoutite books? How about the Cat in the Hat?

Where's Wally?
    A pirate ( lots of stories have pirates in them)

LOl I am in the same boat except my DS is insisting as going as a red dragon from one of his books...

ooh Where's Wally!
    That is cool. And super easy.

Harry Potter. You can buy/make a cape, get some cheap fake glasses and wand. And of course draw a scar on his forehead. Easy peasy.

James from James and The Giant Peach - pretty standard clothing.

Old pants and shirt with a couple of holes/patch work spots and some straw out the bottom of the pants = scarecrow from Wizard of Oz

A bear - all brown/dark clothing and some ears and a brown face = Goldilocks and the Three Bears

light clothes and the egg cup from a carton of eggs painted pink with two black nostrils - use elastic to fasten around face. A curly tail from some pipe cleaners... and you have yourself a pig from The Three Little Pigs

Some boots, jeans, and a pirate style shirt (read button up shirt usually white), pretend sword, long tail (think old pantyhose stuffed with newspaper and painted black or orange) = Puss in Boots

Sorry, that's all I've got right now...

Harry Potter would be pretty easy but i'm guessing every kid would be dressed as him.

I like the Where's Wally idea.

Charlie from Charlie and the chocolate factory would be easy too, just put him some old clothes too small for him lol

My sisters 4 kids had their book parade today - her eldest went as Poseidon god of the sea, middle boy as a footy player, youngest boy as Pinocchio and her DD went as Belle from Beauty & the beast - Her eldest and youngest boys both one prizes for their costumes, all made up from stuff she already had at home!