thread: Homeschooling

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2010
    In the mad house at loopy land

Question Homeschooling

Hi everyone. My DH and i are seriously looking into homeschool for DS if any of you ladys do home schooling i would much appreciate if you could pm me or even reply here.
    I basically have no idea how it works,how its run, what criteria we must meet, centrelink ect ect ect. So any info at all will help. I have tried to join a forum called rockpool homeschooling but as of yet no email from them. Ive also tried searching the dept of edu to.

Thanks so much.

Mar 2007

Hi, go to google and look up 'home education Australia' HEA has so many articles and resources!! I have found so much
    We are also planning to HS our kids, DD1 is only 3yrs though.

Mar 2007

Also google Beverley Paine and subscribe to her mail outs she has some fantastic stuff!

Oct 2007
    Caroline Springs

Shanti, I didn't realise you were thinking about homeschooling the girls. Seems like there are a few of us with similar age kids that are seriously looking at doing it. I have been keen for a while and brought it up with DH a while back and he wasn't too keen. I then mentioned it again not long ago and he still seemed to want to go with "traditional" schooling. Then tonight out of theblue he says "I've been thinking about the homeschooling idea and I think it's really growing on me". Wow! Apparently I've rather impressed him with the stuff I do with the kids and he's confident that I could pull it off lol.

It's nice to know that there are others out there thinking the same way so that we can pick each others brains from time to time

Nov 2006
    Sydney, NSW

Hi Shanti, Mylitta, and family of 3,

I have three boys ages 6 yrs, 3 yrs, and 7 months and we are about to complete our first year of homeschooling.
    I am happy to offer my thoughts and suggestions if any of you still have questions.
    I have really enjoyed this first year (even though it was interesting with a newborn) and I have lots of plans in the pipeline to make next year even better (including pre-school work for my 3 yr old as he is desperate to "do school" like his brother)!!

Oct 2007
    Caroline Springs

Would love any tips Congrats on your first year!

Mar 2007

Would love to hear about your first year Heidi! Maybe come over to this thread?? https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...-Experiences-1 Then we can have all the good stuff in one place!!