Thread: Montessori style toys

Default Montessori style toys

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew where you could get Montessori style toys for a decent price? I'm looking for toys aimed at the toddler age, so things like big wooden puzzles, those toys that have three sticks on a base that hold different colored rings, and things like that.

I've found some on ebay, but even on there they seem rather expensive. I have a feeling that these sorts of educational toys might just be expensive from everywhere...

You can get the wooden toys and etc from Bright Bugs. It is pretty expensive though.

Have a look on the Ikea website, they have a few wooden toys that might be suitable and not too expensive

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

LCB toys and decor AKA as Chatterbox toys has an awesome range of wooden toys and puzzles! (They are on my facebook page and have a website)

check out The toybox online or google melissa and doug their range is quite good and great quality...toybox sells them

I second Melissa and Doug. But, yeah, you can expect to pay a fair bit for some of these things.

*EcoToys has some gorgeous mentessori toys and not too exy either

I saw some really beautiful ones at Better Learning in (at?) docklands yesterday, just gorgeous

Even kmart have wooden toys but they are hidden away amongst the plastic!

Yeah I love Melissa & Doug also. They have great puzzles! Really good quality.

I love Eco Toys too!

Thanks ladies! I'm going to check them all out!

A question for those of you that recommended Melissa and Doug... Did you buy them directly from their website? I found some stuff that I really liked, but when I went to pay for them it wouldn't let me select anywhere outside the USA for shipping...

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Have seen Mellissa and doug in some shops, yesterday I saw some at toy shop in chadstone.

i get most of mine from the toybox online just so happens she has a store in town here where I live also hers prices are fantastic in com[arison to most of the other sites I have seen

'Montessori child' have a nice selection Hopefully they come back fully stocked soon!