Thread: "Pre-schoolers" age?

Default "Pre-schoolers" age?

I found out today that our local library runs Storytime once a week, i didn't think they did but maybe it's a new thing they've just started...anyway, it says it is for pre-schoolers, but doesn't mention any age ranges. How young/old is a preschooler? Do you reckon DD would be ok to go? I don't know if she would be interested, but it's something else for us to fill in our week and meet new people and I was a bit sad when we moved up here and the library didn't have any programs.

Preschooler - someone at preschool/kindergarten age - so 3-5 years.

Does Hayley like listening to stories? I bet she does then she would be fine to go along to. Should would probably need a bit of help when doing activities though...

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Our mothers group went lots when kids were 6 montsh to 18 months, I havent been since as not even thought about it! The 3 up do get more from it as can do art and sing alone etc but smaller klds like watching bigger kids.

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    Our mothers group went lots when kids were 6 montsh to 18 months, I havent been since as not even thought about it! The 3 up do get more from it as can do art and sing alone etc but smaller klds like watching bigger kids.
    :yeahthat: at our library they read books, sing songs and then do some arty activities. I have taken DS since about 9mnths or so and he would watch the other kids. When they would go into another area for the crafty bit we just didn't follow. My advice would be go and don't let that put you off.

thanks everyone I think we might go anyway just to see what it's like, and we'll just disappear (hopefully quietly..lol) when they go off to do the craft stuff.