thread: Confidence is so sexy!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber
    Add sushee on Facebook

Sep 2004
    Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Confidence is so sexy!

I just thought I'd talk mention this because it demonstrates to me that I'm guilty of judging by appearances too. And even now, learning how irrelevant it can be.

One of the girls who works close to me is what I would previously have described as nondescript. She isn't particularly well groomed, not particularly pretty, and not particularly 'thin' in a societal expectation of weight.

But she always has guys at work raving about her, and she's always surrounded by adoring guys. She has started dating a guy who looks like a male model just recently, who is in senior management.

Now while I didn't 'get' it, and it didn't bother me so much, I guess in the back of mind I wondered what it was about her. The other chicks at work have not been as generous and I've heard some nasty things about her in passing.

Well I had a meeting with her today. She exudes confidence, and charisma, and I 'got it'. She's not arrogant, she's not brash, she's not egotistical, she is just completely secure in herself, it felt like. It was geniunely attractive, and I completely get why a guy would find her sexy. *I* found her attractive and sexy. And until I met her, I didn't realise how much that transformed her.

I wish every woman had that. That confidence! I have lots of confidence but I actually think she had it down to a fine art, and you know what? It WORKS.

♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Too true!!! In men and women, confidence is very sexy and attractive.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Add Butterfly Dawn on Facebook

Aug 2008
    Climbing Mt foldmore

Thats awesome. Good for her.
    Boo to all the nasty caty lasies who are jealous and insecure. Perhaps if they realised it wasn't all about them, they could learn something from her. Goodness knows we need more like her

BellyBelly Life Subscriber
    Add sushee on Facebook

Sep 2004
    Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I think it's hard when there are other women around, to feel like they don't measure up and they don't know why. Many women attack other women because they themselves lack confidence.

Not saying it's right but I get it. I have been guilty of it, mainly with regards to women in higher positions than me, who don't seem as smart lol. And men too, but that's actually FAR more common an occurence.

May 2006
    Igglepiggle Land

Great post - thanks for sharing. I needed to remind myself of this

Nov 2011
    Perth

So true!