Thread: You Are Worth The Time!

Default You Are Worth The Time!

I was originally gonna put this in the Depression and Anxiety section, but - without sounding too self important - I wanted everyone to be able to see it, because it may help someone who isn't a member of that section.

Everyone needs help at one time or another. Humans in general wouldn't shy away from helping someone obviously in need. Friends in general wouldn't shy away from helping a friend they think MAY be in need. It just comes naturally.

But sometimes, maybe due to upbringing, self esteem issues, or even cultural thinking, a person won't ask for help. Sometimes, a person doesn't think they DESERVE help. They don't wanna put people out, don't wanna make a fuss, don't wanna be seen as a 'whinger'. I think its particularly common in Australian culture, the whole 'toughen up Princess' mentality.

As someone who doesn't ask for help, who is literally afraid of being seen as a 'whinger', I want to say - You Are Worth Our Time. You Are Worth Our Effort. You, As Much As Anyone Else, Deserve Help When You Need It - On YOUR Terms.

I've had quite the epiphany today, thanks to a fabulous bunch of BB girls, and I wanted to pass it on

Thank you Bernice, I needed to hear that today.

Well said Berenice!

So worth it. So so worth it

Very well said Berenice