Thread: Adenomyosis - Endometriosis Interna

Default Adenomyosis - Endometriosis Interna

I had a blissful almost completely pain-free two weeks following my last lap for endo. I actually felt human again!
    Last week however, the pain returned - this time shooting down from my abdomen down my legs.
    I went to see the gyn about it today and he said I could have Adenomyosis too.

Has anyone else out there had a similar diagnosis/experience with this?

If it's confirmed (by MRI) he said the best thing to do would be to bring our planned TTC time forward. I've heard of worse cures!

ethac -

I hope you don't have adenomyosis ... it must be very painful. Is the management of it mainly surgical or can they give you drugs to keep it in abeyance for a while? I guess obviously pg is a good short term fix it (as you mentioned).

Good luck with everything! I hope your TTC plans go smoothly and you can soon join the pg threads.

Thanks Melbo,
    The MRI came back normal so the doctor has just shrugged his shoulders.
    Apparently Adenomyosis can be treated with an IUD called Merina that slowly releases progesterone. I think there's also surgery to repair the walls of the uterus if the damage is bad - but looks like I missed out on that - luckily!

maggie Guest

Hi, i am 13weeks preg and my obs has told me i can now stop taking progesterone as the placenta takes over , but is there any theory behind adenomyosis and progesterone, should i still stay on it for the sake of the PG, thanks