Thread: AF & Lap/Hyster/D&C & Dye Surgery - Help Again

Default AF & Lap/Hyster/D&C & Dye Surgery - Help Again

I'm booked in for surgery on 17th January for the following procedures: Lap/Hyst/D&C & Dye Surgery.

The day of surgery I will have AF. My Gyno says this isn't a problem to have the surgery with AF. If I'm bleeding how will they see whats going on up there?

Has anyone had any of the above procedures while having AF? I know you bleed somewhat after the procedure.

Confused.

Sam

Sam I have always been told to avoid AF (12 laps now), and have used provera etc to either bring it on before the op or to hold it off. I would be asking the question again.

Magic,

Should i ask another Gyno or ring a hospital to find out. You know what I'll do both.

Ta.

Sam

This for the girls who are in similiar situation as myself, this is for you.

I have emailed the website of Endometriosis of Australia and asked my question....see my first post.

They say you can have the above mentioned procedures/operation while having AF. Apparently years ago that was preferred to have AF. If your gyno says NO its coz he doesn't want do it. Each to their I guess.

Its so good to get information from a 3rd party.

I hope this helps.

Sam

Melinda Guest

Some 10 years ago, when I had my laparoscopy for an ovarian cyst and suspected endometreosis, I too had AF.

I remember telling my Gynaecologist at the time, that AF was due and he told me that it was fine to have AF during that surgery as it would make endometreosis easier to detect?

I'm not sure about the other surgeries though? Good luck.

Hi there... it is fine to have a AF whilst undergoing a lap/hyst. Suction can be used during theatre... don't worry to much about it... I know a few girls who have had AF whilst having the above... some of gyneas don't like it others don't mind. Yours doesn't seem to mind.... Don't worry you will be fine.

Love leis xx

Different gynos say different things. Mine doesn't like to schedule when af is due. If yours does, I wouldn't worry about it. I think it's just a thing where some gynos by rule say no whilst others say it's fine as it is neither here nor there. You'll be fine.