Thread: Apologies for a stupid question...

Default Apologies for a stupid question...

Can someone please clarify for me...

If you get your P, does it mean you have O'd that month???

Thanks!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

jessica,

Not a silly question at all - it is possible to get your period without ovulation. That's what I love about charting - you can get a better idea if you are ovulating. Try www.fertilityfriend.com.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thanks Kelly for all your help.

I guess I will be buying a thermometer tomorrow!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Jessica,

I only charted for one month and I saw that I had ovulated and 'went for it' so to speak LOL! So it worked for us, but each woman will take different amounts of time to succeed. It's considered normal for a couple to conceive anytime within 12 months of trying.

On the other hand, if you are not ovulating it's a great way to find out for yourself. When you ovulate your temp takes a jump so if you don't notice the temp jump, you can see for yourself and know there may be a problem if it keeps occuring. It's a great tool to show your doctor too.

Look for a digital thermometer, one with BBT on it (for Basal Body) as it's more accurate.

Good luck!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thanks Kelly (again!)

You said all the stuff I wanted to hear... !

Charting does sound like a long process, that is probably why I havent started, so Im glad you told me it only too 1 chart to see you were ovulating. I hope its the same for me. I also hope I remember to take my temp everyday (with my new BBT thermometer!). How much roughly should they cost, so I know what is cheap/expensive.

I have been reading posts on this site for over an hour now, I just love it. Congratulations to you and the other girls on a wonderful site!!! Especially the 2 week activity list - I thought I was the only one who took HPT's WAY too early!! heehe

I just hope my positivity remains...
    Jessica

Jessica

Just remember when you are charting your temp, you have to take your temp at the same time every morning before getting out of bed.

Goodluck If you want to post a link to your chart feel free to do so in the TTC forum as well. There are plenty of girls that will help you out

Love :smt049