Thread: Can food assist depression??

Default Can food assist depression??

I have PCOS and at the moment think I am also suffering from PND. The only thing is I seem to feel worse after eating certain foods, like chocolate and coffee, or anything that contains caffeine or exhuberent amounts of sugar. (Except my daily cup of tea).

I know that PCOS sufferers should stay away from these types of foods (which is sooo hard), which makes me ask:

Does anyone know if certain foods can bring on depression symptoms in PCOS sufferers, or could it just be a conincidence?

Food can definitely alter your moods. There is a fantastic website where you can type in an additive and it will tell you its neg side effects - many if them include depression on the list. I cant type the link here, but its called additivealert and its Australian. Good luck.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I am a strong believer in this also, that what you eat effects your moods and how you feel. Just seeing the response from so many women on BB that are taking In-Liven - all say that they have found not only more energy but have been coping so much better and sleeping so much better than normal. I think post-natally we don't look after ourselves or feed ourselves as well as we should, so this is another reason it's working so well.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Not sure about the POCS situation, but when i cut sugars out of my diet, I slept better, and just felt more energetic and happier all round.
    Good luck hope you find an answer soon.

Thank you everyone for your help. I will have a look re In-liven....
    I am also off to the dr on Thurs with my dd re her colic / relflux, so will ask re me at the same time.

Boy I love BB!