Thread: Clomid/Metformin costs?

Lexie Guest

Default Clomid/Metformin costs?

Hi Guys,

This may sound like a silly question to ask - but I am wondering what sort of costs are involved with the whole Clomid/Metformin treatment? I know that IVF gets rather expensive but I have no idea what I would be looking at for the other treatments. If someone out there can give me a round about figure that would be greatly appreciated. I guess it does not really matter because at this point in time Hubby and I would sell our right arms if we had to but I'm just curious.

Chat soon....
    Lexie xo

Sal Guest

Hey, Lexie. I'm on clomid and metformin at the moment. The good news is that both are cheap - approx $20 for a box of clomid and similar for metformin. A box of clomid may do you two cycles, depending on your dosage, whilst a box of metformin lasts 5 weeks, assuming that you take 3 tablets a day (the max dose).

Hope that helps.

Lexie Guest

Hi Sally,

Thanks heaps for the info....it does put my mind at ease. Dealing with the fact you have a fertility problem is bad enough...adding to that the cost of doing something about it had me a bit worried. But I will take it one step at a time. Thanks again

Cheers,
    Lexie xox