Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clomid and vaginal ultrasound

Red face Clomid and vaginal ultrasound

I have PCOS (and am trying to get pregnant) and I will be starting to take Clomid in a months time. I have vaginal pain and tension on penetration and am aware that when you take Clomid, the nurse/doc does regular vaginal ultrasounds to monitor eggs, etc. vaginal ultrasounds are terrifying to me!

Does anyone know if there is any other way for the nurses to do this? Or will I have to put up with my pain/anxiety and go ahead with these ultrasounds??

Hi Flowergal, mostly they use internal u/s, but I found I only had to do one a cycle which hopefully reduces the anxiety a little. They use a wand like thing which I found not too difficult to manage, and nowhere near as bad as something like a speculum which can be mighty uncomfy without additional tension difficulties.

Have you ever had a vaginal u/s before?

Flowergal, make sure you talk over these issues with your doctor. It may be possible that they may be able to monitor by blood test instead, but it's important that they know what they are up against.

Good luck!

BW

I had my first internal U/S done yesterday and it was not in the least bit uncomfortable or anything to what i expected. The cool gel they use i found to actually relax downstairs IYKWIM!! Don't worry to much they sound alot worst than they actually are!!

Thumbs up

Thanks for info and reassurance girls. I haven't had an internal ultrasound before. But I can't stand pap smears or anything too large going in there. Is it similar to a pap smear? Don't think I'm seeing my doctor again before I start the Clomid so hopefully the nurses who do it will be understanding about it (and gentle!) If anyone else has any comments/advice/info to add please keep the replies coming!! Cheers

Thumbs up Thanks girls..any more info?

Thanks for info and reassurance girls. I haven't had an internal ultrasound before. But I can't stand pap smears or anything too large going in there. Is it similar to a pap smear? Don't think I'm seeing my doctor again before I start the Clomid so hopefully the nurses who do it will be understanding about it (and gentle!) If anyone else has any comments/advice/info to add please keep the replies coming!! Cheers

And by the way, how do I put a picture next to my name like you gals have? I don't mean the icon or smilies, I mean the picture of a girl.

Flowergal, internal ultrasounds are nothing like a pap smear at all. Much less painful than pap smears.

The avatars are for platinum members only - it's a paid upgrade, you should be able to find the information in the top forums.

BW

Thanks Butteryfly warrior

You have put my mind at ease a little

And thanks for other info about pictures too

I agree with BW on the much more comfy than a pap smear factor. Its much less stressful as a whole.

Also if the u/s is to count follies then you need to know to empty your bladder right before the appt so they get a clear view. Saves having to dash out in a gown

Hey Flower gal internal ultrasounds are a little uncomfortable but no where near having a pap screen for starters they don't jack you up like your a car ouch and second they use a gel, i found that through all of my scans the majority of people are very sensitive to your needs especially when you have ovaries full of follicles that are screaming at you!! Anyway would love to hear how you go with the clomid good luck and try to relax along your journey, have done clomid now up to fsh injections and have pcos.

Hi S'rose and Neane

Thanks so much for your advice!

Neane, FSH injections will be my next step after three months on the Clomid if it doesn't work for me. Let me know how you go with the injections. I hate needles so don't know how I'd go having to give myself one! Good luck

Hey flower gal, the injections aren't so bad initially the idea of injecting myself everyday wasn't something i was to impressed about. But i decided to just get on with it. I think the trick is just top do it really quickly as the needle does sting for like a second, i found that as my dose of fsh increased it does sting a little bit more. But the good news is that with the fsh you can keep going until you get the desired follicle size whereas the clomid you can only take that for five days and that's it. so how far are you into the clomid cycle?

Smile

I actually haven't started the Clomid yet.

i am on Oestrogen tablets for another 2-3 weeks, then when I go off them I should get my period, and I will start the Clomid with my period.

Good luck with it all. would be great to hear how you go. i have finally got a nice big juicy follicle that is growing nicely thank god hopefully next week will be the week it will finally be at the right size and can have trigger injection.

Smile

Wow..that's great Neane!

All the best to you as well. My fingers and toes are crossed for you

Lightbulb Yeah had trigger injection today!

Hey flower gal had the best news today. I had my scan this morning and finally the nice big juicy follicle really grew over the last week measuring 23mm so i got my girlfriend who is a nurse to give me the injection. the last time she gave someone an injection to trigger ovulation the couple got twins... so i am hoping for a positive preg test on the 15th February. I was so ready to give up and have a break for awhile. I think i am still in shock at the moment, i just had to tell someone. So how is everything going for you?

That's awesone news Neane - so happy for you! here's hoping for the 15th Feb that you have a positive result and the start to a new life! Isn't it hard having to wait to find out things though!

Around the 15th feb or around then is when I start the Clomid so I will let you know how I go with it. I am counting down the days!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast