Thread: Endo and IBS

Default Endo and IBS

I have been diagnosed with endo (about 5 years ago) and IBS (my whole life) and find the symptoms seem to go hand in hand, does anyone else find this? it's at the point where I go to the gyno and he's saying there's nothing wrong - it's all in your bowel!

Hi Taralee

I had my endo removed in August this year (I actually did not think I had it, I had a lap because fybroids showed up on my ultra sound and AF was nuts so I wanted them removed) and when I saw my Dr he told me that he did not think I had IBS. Maybe a mild wheat allergy, but after having the surgery done my IBS symptoms are pretty much gone My Sugeon also said a lot of women are misdiagnosed with IBS when they actually have endo. Good luck with it all!

If you are in Sydney my Surgeon is awesome
    Dr Michael Cooper
    Macquarie Street Sydney

I have severe endo but am not sure about IBS sorry. My endo has caused a number of ops to include bowell resections. I wonder if your endo is effecting you bowell by being in it or on it IYKWIM.

Hi guys,

I was diagnosed with endo when i was 14 and have thought up until recently i had IBS as well which is my main problem i would say. My bowels drive me absolutely bonkers. I have tried every medication known to man to try and help it, but know i am thinking it must be my endo.

i have to go back and see my gyno soon so will definitely be asking her if there is anything they can do about it. If i could get rid of the probs that it is causing i think my life would be made 1000 times easier.

Thanks Guys

Prue

Fee Guest

How interesting. I suffer from IBS. No idea about endo though!

Fee I did not think I had endo, the only symptom I had was bad AF, but I thought it could have been from fybroids. After the surgery was told that I did have endo and I don't have any issues really with IBS now so the mild wheat allergy was more accurate I guess.

Has your IBS improved with pregnancy? My gyno said that this could be an indication that there is endo present as if you had IBS it would still be there during pregnancy.

Fee Guest

Angelica, my IBS has been okay. Had one bad bout a while back. But I've still never figured out the problem. My naturopath just said I had a parasite, not IBS. So who knows. I think I just have a sensitive stomach.

You might just have a sensitive stomach which sucks
    Have you gone to the Dr to be tested for allergies? I have had it confirmed now that I do have a mild allergy to wheat and dairy through an allergy test. Might be worth you having this checked out.

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic
    Have you gone to the Dr to be tested for allergies? I have had it confirmed now that I do have a mild allergy to wheat and dairy through an allergy test. Might be worth you having this checked out.
    My naturopath did all my allergy testing and also tried to fix some of them. Most of my problems were with sugar, milk and acidity in my body. Who knows if it worked! The thing is that I can eat these things without problems most of the time.

Default endo and IBS

Hi there,
    I have endo, but also IBS symptoms. I have found that during my two pregnancies, and while breastfeeding, I've had a big break from the IBS. I'm not even sure if I should call the bowel symptoms IBS because I'm sure it's the endo, but it acts like IBS. I find that the symptoms get much worse with AF. I am currently using Implanon for contraception. I have read on the net that this can help with symptoms of endometriosis, so I'll see how that goes when I stop feeding my baby. It would be good if it helped the IBS symptoms too.

Bye for now,

Sana